• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Why didn't the sun kill the Master again and what does ?, what did the ok'd man say

Not sure it was hurting / burning him but slowly...he seems to be able to fight it a bit then threw up the hood and climbed down the builiding. I didn't hear what Setrakian said after he said I didn't know he could do that. Going to watch it again to hear the lines.

I watched it again and Setrakian says, "I was wrong" then later "we lost". Looks like more strategy and ideas will come about next season. Also the addition of the Ancients will no doubt put some monkey wrenches to the Masters plans.

:tonofbricks:

Why didn't the sun kill the Master again and what does ?, what did the ok'd man say

Not sure it was hurting / burning him but slowly...he seems to be able to fight it a bit then threw up the hood and climbed down the builiding. I didn't hear what Setrakian said after he said I didn't know he could do that. Going to watch it again to hear the lines.

You wont get anymore right now. You have to have read the book to understand why at this point. They wont reveal that for at least another 1/2 season I am guessing.

I am liking the changes the TV show has made from the books. It has lengthen the role of some characters while shortening the ones that really weren't needed as much.

The Ancients so far have disappointed me I had a different view of them from reading the books, but its early.

I am interested in seeing how they deck out Gus now.

I also liked the creepy way he recalled all the vampires as well.

I also liked the decision to kill off Nora's mother waaaaay earlier in the story. She lead to some rather stupid situations in the second and third books.

Agree that the Ancients were not what I was expecting.

I am liking the changes the TV show has made from the books. It has lengthen the role of some characters while shortening the ones that really weren't needed as much.

The Ancients so far have disappointed me I had a different view of them from reading the books, but its early.

I didn't even comment on to the ancients. Love that they threw that out there and are going to build on it next season. Between Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story and The Strain, I'm set at the moment lol

I'm looking forward to watching the whole first season in one sitting. I didn't save them all on my DVR :/

I didn't even comment on to the ancients. Love that they threw that out there and are going to build on it next season. Between Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story and The Strain, I'm set at the moment lol

I'm looking forward to watching the whole first season in one sitting. I didn't save them all on my DVR :/

I'd expect a marathon on FX at some point in the near future. hm

I also liked the decision to kill off Nora's mother waaaaay earlier in the story. She lead to some rather stupid situations in the second and third books.

Agree that the Ancients were not what I was expecting.

I agree her mother was a very irritating sub plot in the 2nd and 3rd books. I was rooting for her to die.

She is like Tig Trager in Sons of Anarchy the guy just wont die.

I friggin love this show!Great finale!about to read The Strain:The Fall comics I have right now!! (thumbs u also does anybody know if the comics are a good interpretation of the book or not? (shrug)

Read the books. The comics are ok, but are lacking a lot of the details found in the books.