• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big little books, sort of off track here

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about these books from the mid/late 1930's and early 40's? Is there any value to them? Someone I know seems to have quite a number of these. Trying to help them out. Not sure of titles or conditions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Does anyone know about these books from the mid/late 1930's and early 40's? Is there any value to them? Someone I know seems to have quite a number of these. Trying to help them out. Not sure of titles or conditions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Why don't you look in the Overstreet COMIC BOOK price guide!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

They are pretty cool, but not super collectible. High end about $100, but that is for very nice copies of the better characters (Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Little Ophan Annie, etc).

They didn't hold up all that well of time, and most have problems with the bindings and spine. Also pages can fall out pretty easily because the glue is so old.

I buy the ones I like in as nice as shape as I can find but NEVER pay more then $20 and often I can find bunches for $5 each.

They are pretty fun though. I like the Mickey Mouse ones the best, particulary the ones that reprint the Gottenson era strips.

Hi,

What a nice set-up. Just coming out today is our exhaustive reference guide to Big Little Books, THE BIG BIG LITTLE BOOK BOOK, and Big Little Book pricing is featured every year in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, as Donut so helpfully offered - but that's because he's so happy it's in the book where everybody can conveniently get to it. He's great that way.

Arnold