• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who did the cover art for Gene's GI Joe 21?

28 posts in this topic

Correct. Complete interior artwork was sold to our good friend Gene (delekerste on the forum) almost 2 yrs. ago. thumbsup2.gif

Unfortunately, I sold the artwork and blew all the money on blow and Swedish hookers. Just kidding about the blow. OK, just kidding about the hookers too, they were actually Norwegian.

Oh, all right, I still have the artwork. It's kind of the oddball piece in my Vampirella-centric collection, but I love it anyway.

I could easily see why someone would purchase the art for this story. Its my personal favorite of my collection.(Okay its up there with X-men 141-142) Id pay big bucks just for the panels of the "Sword Catch" by Snake Eyes. I can never find this book in high grade very often even on ebay and dealers never have it at shows. It only takes one reading to hook a reader forever. One of these days I hope to catch Mr. Hama at a show and thank him for his well ahead its time book. hail.gif

I could easily see why someone would purchase the art for this story. Its my personal favorite of my collection.(Okay its up there with X-men 141-142) Id pay big bucks just for the panels of the "Sword Catch" by Snake Eyes. I can never find this book in high grade very often even on ebay and dealers never have it at shows. It only takes one reading to hook a reader forever. One of these days I hope to catch Mr. Hama at a show and thank him for his well ahead its time book. hail.gif

Anyone on these boards actually OWN a copy? I've been searching for well over a year now and still no luck finding a copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anyone on these boards actually OWN a copy? I've been searching for well over a year now and still no luck finding a copy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've got two copies I sent to CGC hoping for 9.6 or better.

Both of them came back VF/NM 9.0 foreheadslap.gif

Any takers? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

HTF book in super high grade. Mine might be an 8.5 on a good day. I know someone that has quite a few copies of this book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Haha, super nice art for that one. I take it you will pursue any early 9.8 with white pages that shows up from CGC as well?

I'm happy with my 9.0 copy that I bought off the rack and my G.I. Joe Vol. 3 TPB for when I want to "read" the story (though, typically, I just flip through the original art instead.) I was cured of "high grade disease" a while ago, so I no longer feel that I have to own a 9.6-10.0 copy of something to satisfy my nostalgia fix.

Besides, as I hinted at before, I'd rather spend my money on Swedish women (preferably of the non-hooker variety tongue.gif) than buying the "9.8" label. High grade is for suckers*. tongue.gifwink.gifblush.gif

* But everybody please continue to buy the HG books I've consigned to PedigreeComics.com. thumbsup2.gif

HTF book in super high grade. Mine might be an 8.5 on a good day. I know someone that has quite a few copies of this book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That someone might get a nice HG copy one day. Or maybe he's obsessed! tongue.gif

That someone might get a nice HG copy one day. Or maybe he's obsessed! tongue.gif

I think he's obsessed. One day, I'm going to hide all of his dolls. That may push him over the edge. devil.gif