• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Gold Age Books

4 posts in this topic

I've recently begun collecting Golden Age books after many years collecting Silver Age & Moderns. I'm particularly interested in EC books (Weird Science, WSF, Shock SS). PM me if you have any you would like to sell !!!

My question for the boards - What is the best way to store Golden Age books? Flat? Upright? What kind of boxes? Mylar? Poly? Who is a good supplier?

Help me!!!

David S.

I keep my golden age and better grade key books in separate magazine sized short boxes. The general rule is that books worth about $25 or more or pre-silver age go in those boxes. (So I'm not a high roller like some of you folk yet, I'm working on it!)

The books in those boxes go in mylar with a backing board. Everything is in the bedroom closet. The mylared books are holding up better than many of my other books. I recently went through the long boxes and was dismayed to find runs of bronze-age Batmans that were NM except for a single bumped corner. Same bumped corner on every book, too. (Hmmm... I'm investing heavily in backing boards now.)