• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WONDERCON 2015, April 3-5, Anaheim, CA.

79 posts in this topic

Probably a stupid question, but is this worth going to? Good comic / art booths? Never been and was thinking about it this year.

It's actually not a stupid question at all.

It's okay for comic books and decent for original art booths, but not too many dealers. In one breath you may be better off saving your money for San Diego Comic Con.

Based on your "Loc" of San Diego, it's a fairly easy (2 hr drive) show to go to, to Anaheim, so it's worthwhile to do 1 day at least. But as far as being a travlers destination show, I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan of the show, it's becoming a shell of what it used to be when it was held in San Francisco, and So Cal / Los Angeles has done to comic conventions what they've done to NFL teams... they simply can't manage or support 'em properly, maybe it's the local fan base not showing up (I recall hearing dealers make such comments the 1st year Wonder Con move out of SF touting how much better the Nor Cal Bay Area was for sales than So Cal).

WARNING!!! I went online last night to get my tickets. I used my debit card and got through fast and easy. This morning I got a notice that my card was "comprimised" and my bank is sending me a new one. Take my advice and use a credit card if you reqister online. Electronics are the wave of the future but VERY dangerous. I miss the old days when you could just walk up to the window and purchase a ticket. Anybody else remember do that at San Diego. Ah, good times!

Yes, vaild question. I still enjoy it. There are enough dealers to make it worth while. A lot smaller and more compact. It was better in SF for a lot of reasons but a good alternative to SD. SD has gotton so big and hard to get tickets that after 30+ years, I gave it up two years ago. I don't miss the crowds, parking, overpriced food, hotels and merchandise. Wondercon is a decent alternative. But if you want to go to a great little show, drive up to Yorba Linda this Sunday to Terry O'Neil's CalComicCon. Just like the old SD Con at the El Cortez. Just tons of old comics without the hassle, cosplay, high prices ect!

Probably a stupid question, but is this worth going to? Good comic / art booths? Never been and was thinking about it this year.