• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WONDERCON 2015, April 3-5, Anaheim, CA.

79 posts in this topic

I think last year they also had parking at Anaheim Stadium with a shuttle that dropped you at the convention center.

I live close enough. I'm just going to take a taxi to the convention center,and back home. (thumbs u

Is it me or does this show seem a little vintage comic book dealer light?

The one hat surprises me most is I don't see Terry O'Neil on the list and he is a local.

Tickets are still available as well. Is Easter Weekend killing this show?

Terry's skipping this year, but there's still a good number of quality dealers, Harley, Bob Storms, Superworld, A-1, Greg Reece, etc.

Is it me or does this show seem a little vintage comic book dealer light?

The one hat surprises me most is I don't see Terry O'Neil on the list and he is a local.

Tickets are still available as well. Is Easter Weekend killing this show?

Terry's skipping this year, but there's still a good number of quality dealers, Harley, Bob Storms, Superworld, A-1, Greg Reece, etc.

Ahhh I find this out after buying my badge, do you know why Terry is skipping - some other commitment?

Terry is skipping because Sunday is Easter. He has family commitments. Last year he packed it in after Saturday. I guess the only weekend (or the cheapest) they could get was Easter weekend. Too bad, I always find some good stuff with him.

Good for him. Nice to see he puts family before business. Makes me want to buy some stuff from him in San Diego.

Terry is skipping because Sunday is Easter. He has family commitments. Last year he packed it in after Saturday. I guess the only weekend (or the cheapest) they could get was Easter weekend. Too bad, I always find some good stuff with him.

Good for him. Nice to see he puts family before business. Makes me want to buy some stuff from him in San Diego.

+1 good for him.

Wondercon has been Easter Weekend for the last several years, even when it was in San Francisco. 5 or more years back i was skeptical, but year in and year out, the show has been packed that day, and for the the full weekend...

JayCompany will be there with 8 booths, 4 locations.

If you guys are coming to the Wondercon, hope to see you all out!

Last time I went in SF it was the first weekend of the month. I went to the con on Fri and Sat then went to the Alameda Flea Market on Sunday. I was "junk drunk" all weekend. Two days of comics then one day of toys, advertising, sports stuff and general junk. The flea market is HUGE and full of possibilities. I really miss it even though it's a lot closer to home for me now.

Wondercon has been Easter Weekend for the last several years, even when it was in San Francisco. 5 or more years back i was skeptical, but year in and year out, the show has been packed that day, and for the the full weekend...

Any Golden age books?

Yeah, that time in SF the Friday was much busier than usual, Saturday was insanely packed, and Sunday wasn't bad.

Does anyone happen to know (besides Harley to Calgary) why there aren't some of the bigger Califorrnia dealers I'd absolutely expect showing up to Big Wow two weeks later in San Jose? And apparently Terry is only taking one interior booth in SJ?

Anybody hitting any panels?

Some good movie/TV panels. The cast of iZombie at one panel, Orphan Black in another, a reunion panel with the cast of Superman 1 & 2, and the Warner Brothers panel has people speculating as to whether they're going to show anything from Superman v Batman. Also, the debut of the new DC animated feature Batman vs. Robin.