• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REVISED - MORE FUN COMICS 45 - LOOKING FOR A QUICKIE

11 posts in this topic

OK, I am revising this, adding more pics, etc. I did a rush job the first time.

OKEEDOKE, what I have up for sale is a lower grade copy of More Fun Comics 45, Probably around a 1.5 - 2.0 based on prior CGC GA slabs I have owned in the past. Like many More Funs from around then it has a spine split on the bottom (about an 2 inches) and up top (half an inch) and some of the spine is gone there, so not enough material to re-seal it on its own where those splits are. Some genius applied some glue on there at the splits at some point (this was disclosed to me when I bought this a long time ago) and some rips were sealed on the back. Perhaps Matt Nelson's glue removal service can take it off it if you want, he doesn't seem to charge much for that service. This is a pretty tough issue to find in relation to others around it. There is also foxing on the inside of the back cover, which has not impacted the last story page thankfully (I have a pic of that last page). The Mile High copy pops up now and then and there might be a couple of others. I have been unable to find it in the inventory of the big dealers I have looked into (Metropolis, etc.). A DC almost as old as Action 1, pretty cool. Anyway, I am now looking for $175 shipped on this in the USA. Need to adjust upward for Canada, UK, etc. One stipulation is that I get paid today if possible (and I'll ship tomorrow morning if you'd like) as I have a bill I need to pay and really don't want to put it on my credit card and a reimbursement check I was hoping to use has been delayed. Also, I will be running another thread with some odds and ends later today, obviously anything bought there can be shipped for free in if you buy this from me (as for foreign, i wouldn't charge anything extra for shipping if everything fits in a flat rate envelope anyway). It actually looks pretty nice from the front, but there is that spine splitting, the glue and the back isn't as nice as the front (gotta love those back cover ads from the 30s...I'm surprised they don't have a Tommy Gun for sale along with Mustard Gas), the tear seals on the back, the foxing.... The tape on the back is on the mylar, not the comic.

The pages inside are not brittle and nothing is loose or missing. Anyway, storybook has first dibs on this at the new price.

Here it is:

morefun45_zps1ad0bfa7.jpg

morefun45back_zpsd00cce73.jpg

more pics:

IMG_20140725_113742_zps6af92e4d.jpg

IMG_20140725_113751_zps0a08bf8e.jpg

IMG_20140725_113827_zpsf0fead39.jpg

IMG_20140725_113736_zpsb4c7266d.jpg

IMG_20140725_113802_zps801e5ca4.jpg

IMG_20140725_113708_zps4817a428.jpg

OK, more pics added, description revised, price lowered. Must not rely on my old post-it notes in the future for descriptions. Storybrook will let me know. If not I had a PM guy this morning who has next dibs and then mr. october if he wants it.