• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Your Action Comics Collection no. 25-74

161 posts in this topic

Here is the first Golden Age Action I ever picked up; this issue from Lee's Comics' booth at San Diego in either '90 or '91 as I recall. He had a board full of Actions and Supermans from an original owner collection in Palo Alto. I remember being torn between this and the Superman where he is riding a missile. I wish I had bought them both but didn't have the scratch that day. Anyway, I'm happy I picked this one up; it is quite the nice book.

149085.jpg.211c9357bb610f8d67a4448d553dc352.jpg

Just updated. We got some nice raw books (e.g. no. 33) and got the 60ties covered - and among them a really nice 8.5 graded copy. We now lack some of the earliest in the run, and also books in the 50ties and 70ties.

Lovin' these Action Comics issues :)

Here is the first Golden Age Action I ever picked up; this issue from Lee's Comics' booth at San Diego in either '90 or '91 as I recall. He had a board full of Actions and Supermans from an original owner collection in Palo Alto. I remember being torn between this and the Superman where he is riding a missile. I wish I had bought them both but didn't have the scratch that day. Anyway, I'm happy I picked this one up; it is quite the nice book.

Absolutely beautiful book, Frank. That is such a gorgeous copy. I don't think I've ever seen a copy as nice. Can't wait to see it in person one day.

Absolutely beautiful book, Frank. That is such a gorgeous copy. I don't think I've ever seen a copy as nice. Can't wait to see it in person one day.

Thanks Steve, certainly one of the favorites in my collection. Wish I had more of these Actions, they are great books!

Just updated with a new raw 38 (Generic user) and two 8.0 CGCed 47 and 48 owned by Nearmint. The 38 and the 47 were the first (and only) we have of these books! The great news is that it means that the numbers from 30 to 50 are now almost 100% covered :) .... except for only two books: 42 and 46....

Anyone have one of these??

We still lack plenty books in the 50ties and 70ties...

Yeah that 58 is sweet. Can really follow the history of the war in those AC covers. And I have always really liked the 27 (some think it is the first cover appearance of Lois..?)

I have a 23 (not here) that I've always thought had Lois on the cover...but who knows.