• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Wayne Prototype

27 posts in this topic

A very tough book that was talked about years ago. I don't know how sought after any prototype books are per sa, however I have a low grade copy and was extremely excited to have it. I love the book.

It is likely tough in higher grades and the linked copy is pretty nice but the price is just plain stupid...

Not sure what the real market value would be but I paid about 300 for my nice looking fair copy with a spine split. I would guess it is a 3K-5K book in that grade but that is a total guess.

James G

The seller needs to learn to not OVERHYPE their books. The asking price is beyond ridiculous.

The story reappears in Funny Pages 3/1.

I've been collecting Centaurs for a long time, and haven't seen much increased demand for the Bruce Wayne prototype.

Tough book, though.

The seller needs to learn to not OVERHYPE their books. The asking price is beyond ridiculous.

The story reappears in Funny Pages 3/1.

I've been collecting Centaurs for a long time, and haven't seen much increased demand for the Bruce Wayne prototype.

Tough book, though.

You have to laugh at how the seller justifies his price by coming up with an amount that he thinks the book should be in OSPG, and then explains that GA keys usually sell for more than guide.

I can see how this kind of over the top hyperbole might help pump up interest and turn a $5 book into a $100 book on ebay ( Foom #2), but this not only seems like a pretty thin "prototype", but it's a book that appeals to market segment that is going to find hype like this dissuasive instead of persuasive.

More Fun 14 was considered one of the first Superman prototypes, but has dropped in demand and in value over the years. Comics Magazine 1 and New Fun 6 seem to have stayed popular probably due to their extreme scarcity.

Seller's Grading Comments: 2ND MOST UNDERVALUED COMIC!

What is the first?

Probably whatever other comic he's selling on comiclink. I assume the first comic he consigned there he used MOST UNDERVALUED COMIC in the description, so he had to use second on this one.

What is the first?

Probably whatever other comic he's selling on comiclink. I assume the first comic he consigned there he used MOST UNDERVALUED COMIC in the description, so he had to use second on this one.

:signfunny:

What is the first?

lol

What is the first?

I was thinking the same thing. lol

More Fun 14 was considered one of the first Superman prototypes, but has dropped in demand and in value over the years. Comics Magazine 1 and New Fun 6 seem to have stayed popular probably due to their extreme scarcity.

The Comic Magazine is a great book. A niche of history. Paper stock, this book is in great shape.....

Always believe that New Fun 6 does not get its due......jb

151661.jpg.660d8bb5b7e0c9ac22e83574c05e4a9a.jpg

151662.jpg.40acebb536a8d2cd464fb6d235597f72.jpg