• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Phantasm 2 is a classic.

I also liked:

Re-Animator

In the Mouth of Madness

Ravenous

Wild Zero

Halloween 3

The Fog

The Ninth Gate

The Blob

Pet Sematary 2

Dead Heat

Creepshow

Near Dark

Trick r Treat

The Return of the Living Dead

I could go on and on. Some are so bad they are good (Dead Heat), some are so good they are good.

Just ordered Evilspeak and recently got Terror Vision and The Video Dead. Anyone seen those.

Love most of those. I just had about an hour debate with a co worker the other day on why I thought Halloween 3 was a good movie. He was dead set on it being a dud after watching it once years ago. :facepalm: The whole no Mike Myers made people shun it for years. Real cool movie!!!

tomakins.jpg[/img]

I agree. very underrated, very original, and very scary movie. I read that the Halloween movies were supposed to be a series of different movies with all different Halloween themes and stories and thats why III had nothing to do with Meyers. But apparently III did not do well so they ditched that plan and went back to Meyers.

Just saw Street Trash for the first time last night.....fantastic B movie,I recommend it.I always thought The Stuff did not get enough love,and Nightbreed is just a phenomenal movie,underrated for certain.

@ October...Near Dark and Ravenous......great,great movies.And Phantasm 2...on of my all time favourite movies...used to scare the death out of me!!!

Ravenous was great :headbang:

Just saw Street Trash for the first time last night.....fantastic B movie,I recommend it.I always thought The Stuff did not get enough love,and Nightbreed is just a phenomenal movie,underrated for certain.

NightBreed limited pre order ( if you haven't seen )

http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/nightbreed-directors-cut-deluxe-edition

And near dark is awesome. (thumbs u

There's a lot of underrated Horror films. Phantasm II definitely leaps to mind. The first is a classic and gets mentioned a fair amount, but people are usually quiet about the second one which I think is a shame because to me it's easily the best of the series. I can't wait for the fifth one.

If they ever make Phantasm 5. I have been hearing rumors over the last few years and still nothing. People will at least know what username means now lol

They actually filmed it in secret, a trailer is online for it. Just Google Phantasm: Ravager and it comes up. It looks a bit low-budget but like it'll deliver the same Phantasm creepiness as the others.

I agree Trick R Treat and the original The Fog (1980 - Jamie Lee Curtis) are good. I'd like to add my favorite horror movie to the list:

The Changling (1980 - George C. Scott)

There are some truly creepy scenes in this movie. It's an underrated classic IMHO.

How is it nobody here has mentioned ''The Midnight Meat Train'' Yet? doh!

I am amazed by how many people (especially the horror lovers) still have not seen this Masterpiece. For Grudd's sake it has one of Bradley Coopers early starring roles and it's based on the works of Clive Barker!

Did anybody mention

C.H.U.D.S

Nightbeast

Death weekend

Mother's day

And I agree about Sleep-away camp that ending disturbed the hell out of me.

CHUD

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers

I will die with that useful knowledge in my brain.

NightBreed limited pre order ( if you haven't seen )

http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/nightbreed-directors-cut-deluxe-edition

And near dark is awesome. (thumbs u

Mentioned already.

:applause:

I don't care for many modern horror movies... horror and suspense has been replaced with mindless gore and disposable characters.

However... two recent exceptions you might want to check out...

Grabbers is a Scottish-made throwback to those old giant monster movies of the '50s, with humor and decent FX.

Yellowbrickroad, while the ending could have been better, is relentlessly creepy, and sticks with you for days and weeks afterward.

Since Hellboy is all about monsters (big, small, and massive), I'd say both of those movies were drastically underrated at the box office. But when it comes to DVD and Blu-Ray sales, even Guillermo Del Toro confirmed that is what carried these films forward to being even close to profitable.

Hellboy 3 - PLEASE!

:wishluck: