• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

I always loved the movie posters to House!Just found the comic in a dollar bin last week..so.sweet.

And People Under the Stairs!?MOTHER!fantastic!

Anyone remember PIN?

Just heard about PIN the other day. Any good?

Anyone seen Society or From Beyond?

The Wicker Man (1973)

"A police sergeant is sent to a Scottish island village in search of a missing girl whom the townsfolk claim never existed. "

You don't realize that it is a horror movie until the very end. Stephen King describes this movie as a favourite.

TheWickerMan1973_zps99321548.jpg

Loved Wes Craven's Shocker! :headbang:

I used to have the soundtrack to this movie on cassette. Several of the original songs were done by a band called The Dudes of Wrath! lol

He's a shocker, a rocker

He's heavy metal mean

unjustifiable

combustible

his blood is kerosene

Throw away your guns,

Forget about your mace,

'Cuz now he's on TV

Right in front of your face!

Loved Wes Craven's Shocker! :headbang:

I used to have the soundtrack to this movie on cassette. Several of the original songs were done by a band called The Dudes of Wrath! lol

He's a shocker, a rocker

He's heavy metal mean

unjustifiable

combustible

his blood is kerosene

Throw away your guns,

Forget about your mace,

'Cuz now he's on TV

Right in front of your face!

The soundtrack was great! :headbang:

There was talk that Wes Craven wants to remake Shocker. :banana:

This will be moved.

But I vote for The Car. So bad azz. I remember years back seeing The Car mini toy in Toys R Us. Could not grab it fast enough to buy it. Was like I found gold. lol. They also came out with the Phantasm cud a model....which I also bought.

Love that movie! Watched it every time it came on TV back in the day .. or every time it came on TV on a Saturday :)

That and "The Ghost of Flight 401" .. wonder if that counts too?

They remade The Wicker Man in 2006 with Nicholas Cage. I saw that one. Never watched the original.

No! Not the bees! lol

Horrible movie. Nic Cage has done some stinkers.

That's my favorite part about Nic Cage. :cloud9:

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call is one of my favorites of his.

They remade The Wicker Man in 2006 with Nicholas Cage. I saw that one. Never watched the original.

No! Not the bees! lol

Horrible movie. Nic Cage has done some stinkers.

That's my favorite part about Nic Cage. :cloud9:

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call is one of my favorites of his.

The first Bad Lieutenant (with Harvey Keitel) is a classic as well. Just a terrible movie.

This will be moved.

But I vote for The Car. So bad azz. I remember years back seeing The Car mini toy in Toys R Us. Could not grab it fast enough to buy it. Was like I found gold. lol. They also came out with the Phantasm cud a model....which I also bought.

Love that movie! Watched it every time it came on TV back in the day .. or every time it came on TV on a Saturday :)

That and "The Ghost of Flight 401" .. wonder if that counts too?

I remember reading 'the ghost of flight 401'. Had no idea they made it into a movie.

I don't normally like the shakey POV movies but a Norwegian film I recently saw called 'Troll Hunter' was actually a lot of fun.

Troll hunter is good!

If you can handle shakey, you should watch Frankenstein's Army. Shakey camera movie. Lots of gore. Great monster effects though. Think Frankenstein/Re-Animator with metal.

There's a lot of underrated Horror films. Phantasm II definitely leaps to mind. The first is a classic and gets mentioned a fair amount, but people are usually quiet about the second one which I think is a shame because to me it's easily the best of the series. I can't wait for the fifth one.

If they ever make Phantasm 5. I have been hearing rumors over the last few years and still nothing. People will at least know what username means now lol

They actually filmed it in secret, a trailer is online for it. Just Google Phantasm: Ravager and it comes up. It looks a bit low-budget but like it'll deliver the same Phantasm creepiness as the others.

Dude, I am sooooo excited right now! I have been waiting so long for this.