• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you have ever paid for a comic?

129 posts in this topic

I'm not seeing any big hitters posting in this thread. That's the way it should be. Financials should always be stealth.
.... I get some folks like to see/know what others pay to feel better about what they might have paid, but really, everything is relative, and comparisons shouldn't be made....its not an even playing field and never will be....

I'm not seeing any big hitters posting in this thread. That's the way it should be. Financials should always be stealth.
.... I get some folks like to see/know what others pay to feel better about what they might have paid, but really, everything is relative, and comparisons shouldn't be made....its not an even playing field and never will be....

:applause:

every one here has there limits on what they can pay for a book, or will pay for a book. I don't care if all someone collects is two dollar books. it that's what they like, read, and collect, that's just fine.

An especially valid and astute post from a guy about to bid on the 9.0 Action #1 (good luck btw - be nice to see a boardie win).

There are comic buyers and then there are the other high-rollers that one can only watch from afar.

For me, Im just a super curious person. If I could ask everyone what they paid for books, I would. To me its just knowledge and feeds my needs for awesome facts.

-Christian.

People who buy comics....still....should be very grateful that you're not into coins or fine art or other such high roller stuff.

While there are maybe 100 $100,000+ comics that exist(Rob React could tell you more), there are 50-60 MILLION dollar+ coins...and maybe 200-400 $10,000,000+ paintings.

It's still possible for a middle class collector to assemble a complete set of Action or Detective in reasonable condition over a period of 10-20 years or so. The real stoppers are #1 and #27. The rest can be had for 3-4-low 5 figure prices, in "VG" condition. And, if you are dedicated and work hard, you can put $75,000 into a decent restored 3.0 copy of the big boys.

It's not outside the realm of possible for most middle class collectors.

It is not possible to own a complete set of US coins anymore, and definitely not for anyone with a net worth less than $100,000,000.

And forget owning a Picasso oil.

For me, Im just a super curious person. If I could ask everyone what they paid for books, I would. To me its just knowledge and feeds my needs for awesome facts.

-Christian.

You know what I've paid for some books. lol

-Christian.

(worship)

-Christian.

That I do! But you know what I have paid for alot of mine too! lol

My most expensive is my X-Men 4, paid a shade under $400 for it.

Seem to have got to that point now where I am getting higher and higher.

Oh hang on, I just released my ToS 40 converts to $454, so when that gets here, I guess it will be that one....

I had to think about it, but havent actually broken $1K on a book yet. I would, if it was a good deal, but currently not a 5 figure or up book on what is a hobby for me. Obviously dealers and store owners with 6,7,8 figures of inventory are going to be buying and selling books on another level.

I read the whole thread just for the fun of seeing big books. It's no different then wanting to see people posting pictures of expensive books, its just fun and part of the hobby to see the upper echelons. But I came in knowing most of the ones worth reading about wouldnt be posting...

Peter, Gator, David, :baiting:

let us live vicariously through you :D;)