• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

75 posts in this topic

If you look at ANY of my sales thread. They ALL have this in it.

I don't like posting the "I'll take it" to get a response that it was sold via PM

How do you know if it really was??

You can keep debating this, but roulette was 1st to post IN thread

Just walk away dude. You are right and congrats on the sale. You won't convince the nay sayers.

Thanks - Everyone of them would be singing a different tune if the were in roulette44's shoes

I don't like posting the "I'll take it" to get a response that it was sold via PM

Just walk away dude. You are right and congrats on the sale. You won't convince the nay sayers.

Thanks - Everyone of them would be singing a different tune if the were in roulette44's shoes

Actually, if I were in his shoes, I would defer to Transplant.

no bro, i saw the book and passed so i did not want to be in his shoes and I would understand, you should just walk away like he said because your rules make no sense at all and allow a seller to back out of a deal, but i gotta run too

Wow. Lots of drama. Got on my plane thinking the book was clearly mine. Landed with texts blowing up. I figured an agreed upon deal was in place.

+1

I too hate to post the :takeit: to be told that it sold via PM, and as such when I have a sales thread I post something similar to what you did.

For example, in my last sales thread I stated:

:takeit: in this thread rules over any PM negotiations until you or I mark the book as taken or sold via PM.

When I read your stated condition, I interpreted to mean the same thing I stated above, in which case roulette rightly won the book.

Just my two cents since others have shared theirs...

Update: after reading your condition again, although it wasn't my interpretation, I can understand Transplant's disappointment / alternative interpretation, so it might not hurt to expand on your :takeit: condition a bit in the future; similar to the condition I stated in my last sales thread. I think that the language I used in my last sales thread would reduce the chance of someone taking another interpretation...

Wow. Lots of drama. Got on my plane thinking the book was clearly mine. Landed with texts blowing up. I figured an agreed upon deal was in place.

I don't think an ageed upon deal means what you think it means.

+1

I too hate to post the :takeit: to be told that it sold via PM, and as such when I have a sales thread I post something similar to what you did.

For example, in my last sales thread I stated:

:takeit: in this thread rules over any PM negotiations until you or I mark the book as taken or sold via PM.

When I read your stated condition, I interpreted to mean the same thing I stated above, in which case roulette rightly won the book.

Just my two cents since others have shared theirs...

Update: after reading your condition again, although it wasn't my interpretation, I can understand Transplant's disappointment / alternative interpretation, so it might not hurt to expand on your :takeit: condition a bit in the future; similar to the condition I stated in my last sales thread. I think that the language I used in my last sales thread would reduce the chance of someone taking another interpretation...

I agree 100%

If the first deal came about via PM, regardless of what is posted in thread, that should take precedent, IMHO. the same thing happened to me a few sales threads ago. There must be a GD rule! haha...

I didn't read the whole thing so I don't know how or what went down. IMHO, the standard rules are first timestamped agreed deal, whether via PM or public :takeit: trumps all other negotiations.

:shrug: good luck to buyer, seller and would-be buyer whomever all may be.

Did you counter an offer from Transplant in the PM, and then Transplant agree to it before Joey posted?

Yes, a few minutes prior, but its irrelevant to the rules that were posted at 3:09

Sure sounds like a deal was agreed upon. And subsequently reneged upon.

Did you counter an offer from Transplant in the PM, and then Transplant agree to it before Joey posted?

Yes, a few minutes prior, but its irrelevant to the rules that were posted at 3:09

Sure sounds like a deal was agreed upon.

What happened to this place...

from what is gathered, The " I take it " in thread (4:19pm) was posted before the i take it via PM (4:22pm) ..on top of the "i take it in thread trumps all"... i cant see how there is a problem or a debate :facepalm:

Is that what his rules actually said? His rules post was modified at 6:27, 2 hours after the takeit posts.

from what is gathered, The " I take it " in thread (4:19pm) was posted before the i take it via PM (4:22pm) ..on top of the "i take it in thread trumps all"... i cant see how there is a problem or a debate :facepalm:

Is that what his rules actually said? His rules post was modified at 6:27, 2 hours after the takeit posts.

He "closed" the thread. See the main thread title ;)

He "closed" the thread. See the main thread title ;)

Ok, then them are the rules. Seems odd to preclude buyers who want to remain anonymous, but that's he posted his rules and stuck to them. No fuss no muss.