• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

J. Scott Campbell Wolverine V4 Issue 1 Deadpool Mashup Variant Club

Blue Label: 5 copies

Yellow Label: 4 copies

Raw:1

Total: 10 copies

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) Bill1 (page 1)

9.8 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9.8 (W) Jaydogrules (page 5)

9.8(W) Kuddy (page 17)

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.8 (W) snikt1988 (page 4) Signed by Len Wein and blotted out

9.8 (W) CostasA (page 20) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2) Signed J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee

9.6 (W) avalanche (link page 1) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

RAW:

Theamazing R.J.S. (page 5)

hi im new to this forum but ive been on the hunt for this book and finally found a raw but it has some spine creases but no color break i would say its maybe a 9 or 8.5 the seller is asking 1k , in any of yalls opinion is that worth it ? i know this book is pretty damn rare just wondering if ill be over paying , thanks

hi im new to this forum but ive been on the hunt for this book and finally found a raw but it has some spine creases but no color break i would say its maybe a 9 or 8.5 the seller is asking 1k , in any of yalls opinion is that worth it ? i know this book is pretty damn rare just wondering if ill be over paying , thanks

Hi and welcome to the boards.

The last 8.5 went for about $560, right around the same time the book seemed to experience a bit of a surge.

Right now I would say an 8.5-9.0 would be in the $700 to maaaaaybe $1,000 if it were slabbed at either of those grades. Raw, in that condition I probably wouldn't go over $750 though.

-J.

kool beans thanks jaydogrules , i think its the actual excitment that i found the book closer to my price range pretty sure he picked up on it too ! one of my favorite campbell covers next to the black cat #1b

(thumbs u

Make sure to post it here when you get it. Good luck.

-J.

IF I do I will for sure ! i just don't want to get a low grade because it's available and then find a higher grade for about the same price , but i guess that's all apart of this crazy hobby !

That's why with moderns, I only buy 9.8s. You should do the same because you will eventually want to upgrade.

IF I do I will for sure ! i just don't want to get a low grade because it's available and then find a higher grade for about the same price , but i guess that's all apart of this crazy hobby !

That's why with moderns, I only buy 9.8s. You should do the same because you will eventually want to upgrade.

+1

+1

+2

Or 9.9s. Or 10.0s. lol

New GPA high for a 9.6 that doubled the prior high:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WOLVERINE-1-CGC-9-6-DEADPOOL-VARIANT-J-SCOTT-CAMPBELL-Retailer-Exc-NM-MINT-/141575936111

Sale looks legit, as seller has already left feedback for buyer.

I'm surprised to see a 9.6 go for that much. :o

-J.

Wow...

Edited by Snikt!1988