• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

I love how the picture of the back is just the backing board. lol:banana:

That asking price is optimistic for a raw copy that is visibly, even from the front, not a 9.8 candidate IMO.

-J.

lol, yep... I don't think I've ever seen that before...

No thanks.

Seems like bad business to "flood" the market all at once. He says they're all in about 9.0 condition, so his prices are also optimistic. Especially considering there's a slabbed 9.8 waiting to be sniped for its minimum bid or thereabouts In another six days or so.

-J.

lol

Another insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to get quick cash and disregards any precedent and get his shotty copies sold for more than a 9.8. I bet they'll sit on there for ages, or he'll take them all down since everyone will give him lowball offers (in his mind).

I do want that 9.8, but not for 3K, 2.5K I'd consider jumping on it.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

lol

Another insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to get quick cash and disregards any precedent and get his shotty copies sold for more than a 9.8. I bet they'll sit on there for ages, or he'll take them all down since everyone will give him lowball offers (in his mind).

Jerome

What's $500 just to get it over and done with. To paraphrase Dan Gallo, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. ;):baiting:

And as we are seeing, there may not be that many raw 9.8 candidates left in the wild.

-J.

No pics of the back cover. This particular book tends to show a lot of flaws there too. If there's nothing more there it "could" be a 9.6, but could just easily come back a 9.4. That's a pretty severe looking crease on the front cover and the black makes it stand out more so.

-J.

No pics of the back cover. This particular book tends to show a lot of flaws there too. If there's nothing more there it "could" be a 9.6, but could just easily come back a 9.4. That's a pretty severe looking crease on the front cover and the black makes it stand out more so.

-J.

(thumbs u

lol

Jerome

What's $500 just to get it over and done with. To paraphrase Dan Gallo, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. ;):baiting:

And as we are seeing, there may not be that many raw 9.8 candidates left in the wild.

-J.

How many 9.8's are there...now I gotta go look it up lol....39 it looks like.

I have to say though, I'm truly tempted to sell my AF15 to get some of these rare modern books. AF15's though older are as common as grass, so getting one later (for more $ likely) shouldn't be a problem.

Am I crazy? I floated an offer to trade my AF15 in my sig for a Wolv 1 and asm 667 (minus cash difference), he declined and for good reason, it seems these books are being held by people with Kung Fu grips, haha. I'd def want to keep these modern rare books as hand me downs to my 8 month son :)

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

when I sort through my list of books I would consider selling... my Wolvie Deadpool #1 is not even in there... its almost like I don't own one... honestly... I want to upgrade my IH181... I wouldn't even consider selling it even if it meant getting a ultra high grade...

so in my case.... Wolves/Deadpool>Hulk 181 theres no comparison...

When I got it signed... they where like "hold your breath"... the people who signed it knew what they where signing... great memory...

Edited by Snikt!1988