• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

So ahhhhh, I stumbled across this forum and im the guy who purchased the PGX 10 gem mint. Pretty stoked with the book, that's an understatement.

Congrats! this book is pretty sweet to own in any grade

....and in any holder. Just have to crop the top of the slab off in the pic if/when you decide to post it here to the club. (thumbs u

-J.

Yeah im away at work atm but as soon as I get home ill do some high res scans of it. I do intent to transfer it to CGC. I don't mind if it comes back as a green label. Hopefully the grade stays up there ;), I actually intend on trying to get the signatures resigned over by the artists so they can be verified. As for the grade I did some research and found this......

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Comics/Does-PGX-Rating-Bring-Down-The-Value-Of-A-Comic/td-p/2889416

Found it very helpful. ;)

Edited by thatcomicbookguy

Yeah im away at work atm but as soon as I get home ill do some high res scans of it. I do intent to transfer it to CGC. I don't mind if it comes back as a green label. Hopefully the grade stays up there ;), I actually intend on trying to get the signatures resigned over by the artists so they can be verified. As for the grade I did some research and found this......

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Comics/Does-PGX-Rating-Bring-Down-The-Value-Of-A-Comic/td-p/2889416

Interesting thread with plenty of butthurt. Thanks for posting.

Yeah I've had books repeatedly downgrade sometimes significantly from PGX to CGC. As such I will never buy one again. The chances of a "10" book in a PGX slab turning into a CGC "10" are zero. I normally don't like to speak in absolutes. This is one time though I feel it's appropriate.

I would be interested to see the results of having a creator re-trace a signature in front of CGC to go for a yellow label though.

Of course the third option is just leaving at is. Or cracking it and sticking it in a mylar if PGX labels turn your stomach. :sick:

-J.

Yeah I've had books repeatedly downgrade sometimes significantly from PGX to CGC. As such I will never buy one again. The chances of a "10" book in a PGX slab turning into a CGC "10" are zero. I normally don't like to speak in absolutes. This is one time though I feel it's appropriate.

I would be interested to see the results of having a creator re-trace a signature in front of CGC to go for a yellow label though.

Of course the third option is just leaving at is. Or cracking it and sticking it in a mylar if PGX labels turn your stomach.

-J.

I wouldn't even touch a PGX slab let alone buy one. It's a shame because, had they made some different choices, they could have built up a very successful and respectable business.

It's stil interesting to read other people's experiences and opinions on the matter. But, yeah, most of the books I see in PGX holders look overgraded.

I'm a massive fan of J Scott, I even have a print of both deadpool variants. If you can find one of the lithographs you should definitely grab it. The colors just pop off the pages they look great.

The ones on ebay are pricey... Whats a fair price...

The owner of the black one on ebay accepted $500 I believe but the buyer backed out of the deal believing it was the comic book. Now the seller makes it a point to call it an "art print" about 10 times in the listing. lol

-J.

Of course the third option is just leaving at is. Or cracking it and sticking it in a mylar if PGX labels turn your stomach. :sick:

-J.

Not sticking up for PGX here but ... wow

Such a fanboy!

CGC's 10's are mythical creatures, only showing up once every hailey comet cycle. Resubbing a CGC 10, without CGC knowing about it and getting another CGC 10 has a zero chance as well. If you really think CGC can tell apart 9.8's -10's each time they grade them, I don't even know what to say.

Ive seen CGC books cracked and resubbed with NOTHING done to them and the grade jumping 2-3 full points, check the forums if you don't believe me.

CGC's grading is flawed as well, just listen to the boards, people talking about the " soft 9.8 years " . Get over it. Yes CGC is better. Stop making them out to be gods.