• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Shazam! Producer On The Movie Arriving Earlier Than Scheduled

Back when Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was promoting San Andreas about a year ago, he mentioned in an interview that his entrance to the DC Extended Universe may come a little earlier than scheduled. Johnson is set to play Black Adam in 2019's Shazam! movie but we may not have to wait quite that long.

Speaking to Hiram Garcia, Johnson's producing partner for several years now on various endeavors including Furious 7, the Journey franchise, and HBO's Ballers, we asked about Johnson's remarks from last year and they sound pretty credible.

"I think there's projects that are so strong and so powerful that they have what I like to call the Moses effect where the seas part and they rise to the top," Garcia starts to explains. "I always considered [shazam!] of those projects. When this project is ready to go it will definitely be a sea parter where it rises to the top."

"It's on us," Garcia explains, enthusiastically feeling the pressure of making a movie so many people are looking forward to. "We don't want to rush the process. It's a priority to get it right but once it's right, it's gonna be hard to hold it back."

:wishluck::wishluck:

Is Channing Tatum About To Leave GAMBIT For A Role In The DC Films Universe?

Last weekend, Batman-News noticed that Dope helmer Rick Famuyiwa had started following a bunch of DC related Twitter accounts, and just days later, he was confirmed as the director of The Flash movie. Now, the site has noticed that among all of those new people he followed is Channing Tatum. Could it be that the actor has departed Gambit in order to take on a role in a DC Comics adaptation?

It's pure speculation, but it does seem like a rather odd coincidence that Famuyiwa would randomly start following Tatum among all those DC accounts! Throw in the fact that the actor has nearly departed Gambit on at least a couple of occasions, and him being tempted with a DC Films Universe role does seem entirely possible. My guess? Well, he'd make a pretty good Captain Cold in The Flash...

VpnTPzg.png

hm

Captain-Marvel-Shazam-76607.gif

Is Channing Tatum About To Leave GAMBIT For A Role In The DC Films Universe?

Last weekend, Batman-News noticed that Dope helmer Rick Famuyiwa had started following a bunch of DC related Twitter accounts, and just days later, he was confirmed as the director of The Flash movie. Now, the site has noticed that among all of those new people he followed is Channing Tatum. Could it be that the actor has departed Gambit in order to take on a role in a DC Comics adaptation?

It's pure speculation, but it does seem like a rather odd coincidence that Famuyiwa would randomly start following Tatum among all those DC accounts! Throw in the fact that the actor has nearly departed Gambit on at least a couple of occasions, and him being tempted with a DC Films Universe role does seem entirely possible. My guess? Well, he'd make a pretty good Captain Cold in The Flash...

VpnTPzg.png

hm

Captain-Marvel-Shazam-76607.gif

thats what a lot of people are thinking if he joins a DC film, plus i think he can play that role and be opposite to the rock.

I could see Channing Tatum as Shazam (thumbs u

It would be a good career move for Tatum. He just has to ask himself, would he rather play one of the most interesting and powerful Superheroes of all time, or some guy who chucks cards around...?

;)

I could see Channing Tatum as Shazam (thumbs u

It would be a good career move for Tatum. He just has to ask himself, would he rather play one of the most interesting and powerful Superheroes of all time, or some guy who chucks cards around...?

;)

Card chucker!!!!!

Baby Daddy Star Expresses Interest in Shazam Role

Obviously given the hype around superhero movies as of late actors and actresses are typically quick to comment on the fact that they'd like to play a hero or villain in an upcoming film, one such actor - whose been stating for years that he'd like to play a superhero - is Baby Daddy star Derek Theler.

On other occasions the actor was quoted stating things along the following lines:

"When I first dropped into L.A., I wanted to be a superhero!"

Despite the fact that this may seem to be nothing more than typical Hollywood actor banter, Theler genuinely seems interesting in playing a superhero role, and with a comedic acting background behind him, and a 6'5' frame it seems he'd be more than fit to play the part of Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Li7YKXB.png

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's SHAZAM! Will Be A Part Of The DC Films Universe

NIdBmCTE.jpg

During an interview with Newsweek, Dany Garcia, Johnson's manager and co-producer, revealed that Shazam and Black Adam will be sharing the skies with the Man of Steel. “Shazam! is to live in the same world [as the other films] but we have incredible autonomy over this brand and franchise," said Garcia. "We are working with a different team, different producers, directors… it’s a different set-up."

Just how connected will SHAZAM! be with the current DC films? According to Garcia, the film will be part of the DC universe, but it will also maintain its own separate tone. “It needs to be of the world,” says Garcia. “You’ve got Justice League, Wonder Woman with a different director, so you’re going to see different points of view. I think by the time we land with [shazam!] we’ll fit nicely within the world that’s been created, but not such a shorthand relationship. [it’ll be] enough that people say, ‘Oh, this is within the family,’ but the culture will be a little different.”

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's SHAZAM! Will Be A Part Of The DC Films Universe

NIdBmCTE.jpg

During an interview with Newsweek, Dany Garcia, Johnson's manager and co-producer, revealed that Shazam and Black Adam will be sharing the skies with the Man of Steel. “Shazam! is to live in the same world [as the other films] but we have incredible autonomy over this brand and franchise," said Garcia. "We are working with a different team, different producers, directors… it’s a different set-up."

Just how connected will SHAZAM! be with the current DC films? According to Garcia, the film will be part of the DC universe, but it will also maintain its own separate tone. “It needs to be of the world,” says Garcia. “You’ve got Justice League, Wonder Woman with a different director, so you’re going to see different points of view. I think by the time we land with [shazam!] we’ll fit nicely within the world that’s been created, but not such a shorthand relationship. [it’ll be] enough that people say, ‘Oh, this is within the family,’ but the culture will be a little different.”

It's a good call. You WANT The Rock on the marketing trail for your shared franchises.

Are we ever going to see Superman, Shazam and Black Adam together on film? At the rate these movies are going, The Rock will be so old, he'll only be fit to play the crumbling corpse of Teth-Adam :/

Are we ever going to see Superman, Shazam and Black Adam together on film? At the rate these movies are going, The Rock will be so old, he'll only be fit to play the crumbling corpse of Teth-Adam :/
Wrestlers tend to threaten and trash talk for a lengthy amount of time before the eventual fight. But, I agree by the time they get ready to start production, he might be already elected governor of California and retired from acting. lol

Wrestlers tend to threaten and trash talk for a lengthy amount of time before the eventual fight. But, I agree by the time they get ready to start production, he might be already elected governor of California and retired from acting. lol

NOOOOO!!!! He'll come out of retirement and make a mediocre sequel :eek:

NOOOOO!!!! He'll come out of retirement and make a mediocre sequel :eek:

lol

Unlike Bodybuilders, the wrestlers get replaced at each installment (see The Scorpion King, 12 Rounds, The Marine.)

By Shazam 2, we'll have The Miz as Black Adam and by part 3 we'll be lucky to have Mr. Kennedy in the role. :roflmao:

Is TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS' Alan Ritchson Playing SHAZAM?

onBmJdc.png

There have been many theories as to why The Rock has yet to announce who will take on the role of Billy Batson's alter ego. One of them being that The Rock will possibly be portraying both Black Adam and SHAZAM throughout the film, so there would be no need for another actor. Although that hasn't stopped fans from making their suggestions known online, and it looks like fan favorite Alan Ritchson (TMNT, Smallville) has decided to respond with some pretty shocking news.

Earlier this afternoon, Ritchson took to his Twitter account to answer a fan's question as to whether or not the actor will be playing SHAZAM alongside Dwayne Johnson in the upcoming DC Film.

orlOV2D.png

It's a straightforward question with a straightforward answer from Ritchson, but could the actor simply be teasing fans?

:o

Give it an hour or two before we get the old "my account was hacked earlier" damage control tweet. lol

But I'd be fine with any choice at this point. It seems to keep getting pushed back further and further, so any news is good news!

lol

I was thinking the same exact thing. He'll be posting away and then the phone rings, with his agent screaming, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!!"

:ohnoez:

Henry Cavill, The Rock Share Holiday Wishes From Superman & Black Adam

TGqyZTr.png

:o

In the future. stars like Henry Cavill will reprise his work as Superman while Dwayne Johson takes on Black Adam. And, for the holidays, the two stars have crossed over to wish everyone a wonderful season.

Over on Instagram, Cavill posted a photo that has fans buzzing about the future of Black Adam. The picture shows Cavill and Johnson drinking fine liquor in a tropical paradise, and the stars look relaxed for the holiday.

Of course, fans were reminded about Johnson’s involvement with Black Adam in April. At the MTV Movie Awards, the former wrestler was seen sporting the hero’s famous logo on a black t-shirt. It was back in 2015 that Johnson officially signed onto to play the evil counterpart of Captain Marvel. He is set to star in the Shazam! movie when it debuts in 2019.