• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Guess Shazam is moving forward with all this casting.

I think it's "business as usual" until they (the bosses) decide the fate of the DCEU.  The fallout from JL hasn't been announced yet.  I still don't think this movie is a 100% certainty.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I think it's "business as usual" until they (the bosses) decide the fate of the DCEU.  The fallout from JL hasn't been announced yet.  I still don't think this movie is a 100% certainty.

That's all they can do for now is keep the movie moving forward until told otherwise.

Hopefully, that call never comes to shutter this after all these years.

SHAZAM! Adds FRESH OFF THE BOAT's Ian Chen As Eugene And BELLA & THE BULLDOGS' Jovan Armand As Pedro

156294.jpg

Following the recent news that It actor Jack Dylan Grazer has been cast as Freddy Freeman in the Shazam! movie, we have word that another couple of young supporting actors have signed on for David F. Sandberg's upcoming DC Comics adaptation.

Deadline reports that Fresh Off The Boat actor Ian Chen will play Eugene Choi, while Jovan Armand (Bella and the Bulldogs) will play Pedro Peña.

When history is rewritten by The Flash in the comics, these two along with Billy Batson, Freddy Freeman and others join together to become Captain Thunder, that timeline's version of Captain Marvel. It remains to be seen if the movie follows suit or if they're simply portrayed as Billy's non-superpowered pals.

During the Flashpoint storyline, there was a major change to both Captain Marvel and Billy Batson. In this series, Flash tries to prevent the Reverse-Flash from killing his mother, causing the timeline to change and altering the lives of his friends, Captain Marvel included.

In this new world, Billy, Freddy and Mary were friends with three children: Eugene Choi, Pedro Peña and Darla Dudley. They were caught on a subway car that took them to the Rock of Eternity. The wizard Shazam gave each one of the children a special attribute of a great hero, and Billy obtained the Courage of Achilles. By saying the word "Shazam" together, the six children formed a composite hero named Captain Thunder.

So it is an alternate universe version of Shazam. I doubt they will use him in THIS movie. But he could show up in Flashpoint once the Shazam movie introduces them all in the current DC Universe.

Grace Fulton Confirms 'Shazam' Casting

shazam-grace-fulton-confirmed-casting-10

Early rumors said that actress Grace Fulton was in talks to join the cast, and now Fulton has confirmed it. The actress celebrated the news with a photo that shows her holding a Shazam! comic, and she couldn't be more excited to join the project.

kriPUSf.png

Director David F. Sandberg also confirmed the news, posting a photo of a wall that holds mostly placeholders with question marks, save for a few photos. "It was kind of already out there but here’s an official welcome to @smoregrace," Sandberg said.

SHAZAM! Will Reportedly Begin Filming In Early 2018 At Pinewood Studios Toronto

In a new report on the upcoming expansion of Pinewood Toronto Studios, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed David F. Sandberg's upcoming DC Comics adaptation, Shazam!, is set to begin shooting in "early 2018."

There's little else mentioned about the upcoming film, as the article mostly focuses on the studio's need to expand to accommodate more projects after Star Trek: Discovery brought it to maximum capacity.

"They gobble up a lot of space. So we need to expand," said Pinewood Toronto Studios partner/investor Alfredo Romano. Pinewood Toronto is looking at add an additional 96,000 square feet of space by the end of 2019. Additional stages, workshops, and production offices are part of a plan to eventually expand up to 700,000 square feet, more than double its current square footage.

'The Walking Dead's Cooper Andrews Joins 'Shazam!'

shazam-cooper-andrews-1067650-640x320.jp

Cooper Andrews is set to join the cast of the upcoming DC Films project, according to Deadline. Andrews will reportedly play the role of Billy Batson's (Asher Angel) foster parent at the group home where Billy lives.

Andrews is best known for his The Walking Dead role as Jerry, the loyal subject of King Ezekiel (Khary Payton). He also has had roles on Halt and Catch Fire and the upcoming Den of Thieves.

As fans have already seen, the world of Billy's foster home will play a significant role in Shazam. Billy's childhood ensemble is gradually being cast, with Eugene (Ian Chen), Pedro (Jovan Armand), and Freddy Freeman (Jack Dylan Grazer) all confirmed to appear. In the Flashpoint timeline (something that will factor into the DC Extended Universe very soon), the group even become super-powered members of the Marvel Family.

Shazam is moving fast with the cast buildout.

DC's 'Shazam' Adds 'This Is Us' Actress Faithe Herman to Cast

faithe-herman-in-shazam-movie-darla-dudl

As DC's Shazam heads into prodcution, sources tell us that This Is Us actress Faithe Herman is joining the cast.

There's been no confirmation on the name of Herman's character in the film, just that she will play of friend of young Billy Batson (Asher Angel) at a group home. Of course, fans of the Shazam comic book series - particularly the "New 52" reboot of the early 2010s - already have an idea who Herman could be playing.

Shazam has steadily been casting an ensemble of young actors who all will play Billy Batson's group home palls; in the New 52 continuity, those same group home kids (who pretty much fit the description of young actors being cast in the film) are transformed into mystical superheroes themselves, referred to as "The Marvel Family" in DC Comics lore.

Of that group, Faithe Herman resembles Darla Dudley, the young African American girl who is Billy's friend at the group home. When Billy/Shazam needs help defeating his nemesis Black Adam, Darla is one of the kids who receives a power up into one of the Shazam Family heroes.

22 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

This film has already lost my interest. Why can't it just be Billy turning into Shazam? Why do they have to muck it up with nonsense? 

I know, right? Adding things like supporting cast members gets so distracting. They should go with the antagonist, protagonist and some screaming love interest in the middle. Call it 'done'.

:baiting:

I trust this director. I liked 'Lights Out'. So I am going with for now he is filling in openings that need to be there.

This director definitely knows how to setup a story with his action figures. And a reminder he is a horror fan. :eek:

Shazam! Director Gives His Captain Marvel Toy A Franchise Hopping Photoshoot

Shazam! director David F. Sandberg has taken to Instagram to demonstrate the perils of mixing up your toy lines.

Sandberg is an active social media user, a habit that’s reportedly gotten him into hot water with DC execs. (Don’t worry, we’re kidding, and so was Geoff Johns.) He’s been seen on Instagram goofing off with his Shazam figurines quite a bit in recent months, and he posted his funniest/most disturbing update yet earlier today.

WSHz8BB.png

jVGmpIl.png

wrgbmii.jpg

NQq6R63.jpg

LhYkz6r.jpg

Rg2yAVo.jpg

i6rwXJI.jpg

vXZaGxZ.jpg

So what I posted earlier was some back and forth between the director and a bunch of folks posting how Shazam is going to be a bomb. What a super motivator for the director. But he's just as mischievous with his answers, so he played along.

It looks like it started after Jerry Ordway posted a sketch he did of Billy Batson/Shazam to give the production crew some motivation.

'Shazam!' Director Tells Haters To Wait For More Info

Shazam! director David F. Sandberg responded to critics on Twitter, telling detractors to hold off on criticisms until they have "more info" on the upcoming DCEU installment.