• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Where's the CC Beck love?

Captain_Marvel_and_Billy_Batson.JPGCaptain_Marvel_Adventures_Vol_1_17.jpg03ccbeck1.gif

So many different Captain Marvel likes - so little web space.

ADDED!

You might as well go original, if you're going that way. Here's my book to that archive image

WhizComics22cgc92Crowley-1.jpgBildschirmfoto2014-08-20um032855.png

Wowser - or more aptly, SHA-ZAM - that's a beaut :o

Good times.

Shazam1CGC98WA_zpscf670beb.jpg

ShazamTheNewBeginning1CGC98WA_zps5ac0e48a.jpg

Great books!

:applause:

Legends #1-6 does make for some interesting collecting.

#1: 1st Amanda Waller; 1st post-Crisis appearance of Captain Marvel.

#3: 1st Copper Age appearance of The Suicide Squad.

#6: 1st post-Crisis Wonder Woman outside own title; 1st new Justice League.

I often wonder if the studios will some what based their -script on the "Shazam the New Beginning" story line.

Here's my collection.

ShazamTheNewBeginning1_zps6a99f84e.jpg

ShazamTheNewBeginning3_zps4c14d3f4.jpg

ShazamTheNewBeginning2_zps2cad171b.jpg

ShazamTheNewBeginning4_zps96912430.jpg

I often wonder if the studios will some what based their -script on the "Shazam the New Beginning" story line.

Here's my collection.

ShazamTheNewBeginning1_zps6a99f84e.jpg

There are only 3 of these graded 9.8. Now if we can just find out who owns the only other copy!

I love people are like "where can I get a cheap Marvel Family #1" I almost peed, book has been on my radar for 4 years.

Yup. I picked up a VG+ from a store in Minneapolis a couple of years ago, can't remember who. I've been looking for a slightly better copy, and haven't seen any others for sale at all. I'm keeping it raw so I'm not tempted to sell when inevitable movie stupidity shoots this one through the roof.

I love people are like "where can I get a cheap Marvel Family #1" I almost peed, book has been on my radar for 4 years.

I used to have one. :sorry:

said it in the other thread, might as well say it here too,

I love the Rock, and I will see every movie he is in, because they are fun. But the reason Marvel does so well, is they have chosen high quality over all things including name recognition. Some of the biggest stars of the current era in Hollywood, became big by being in Marvel movies and were chosen because of their acting talents and high quality match to the source character material.

DC is trying to rush to play catch up, and throwing big names into movies is not enough to be able to right their movie ship. They'd do better to focus on high quality, young, upcoming actors, as Marvel has and continues to do so.

said it in the other thread, might as well say it here too,

I love the Rock, and I will see every movie he is in, because they are fun. But the reason Marvel does so well, is they have chosen high quality over all things including name recognition. Some of the biggest stars of the current era in Hollywood, became big by being in Marvel movies and were chosen because of their acting talents and high quality match to the source character material.

DC is trying to rush to play catch up, and throwing big names into movies is not enough to be able to right their movie ship. They'd do better to focus on high quality, young, upcoming actors , as Marvel has and continues to do so.

Samuel Jackson - not young

Robert Downey - not young

Scarlett Johansson - young but not a very good actress but pretty to look at

Chris Evans - young but ok actor

Chris Hemsworth - better actor than Chris Evans

Don Cheadle - old but very good actor

Mark Ruffalo - good actor, not young

Dave Bautista - not an actor

Chris Pratt - hm is there a Chris theme going? funny guy and young!

I wouldn't necessarily say Marvel is doing things better, just maybe DC is doing things differently.

As for the catch up comment, last time I checked DC set the standard with Batman Begins and the Nolan trilogy. I really think that has had the domino effect of the movies we are enjoying today. Iron Man took the baton and ran with it.

Why must there be a need to compare etc, let's just enjoy what we have in the glorious age of comic movies.