• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

1476882-captain_marvel_03.jpg

The Rock Talks SHAZAM; Teases Possible JUSTICE LEAGUE Involvement?

Translated from the Spanish interview ( original article here ).

--------------------

"Interpret a character in DC Comics. It's the story of Shazam, but I cannot say now if (my role) is Shazam [or] Black Adam. We've been developing for some time and have been a fan of anti-heroes. [With] this particular [character] I think that we will [do this] justice. I'm putting my heart and soul into this role."

--------------------

"Now [with what] is happening with Superman and Batman. Aquaman and Wonder Woman [to] come. I'm excited and I know fans are also excited. DC and Warner Bros. have great mythology that we will respect, we will create something very cool and [a] good foundation."

--------------------

:whee:

4679892054_9397e8bece.jpg

Captain_Marvel_and_Billy_Batson.JPGCaptain_Marvel_Adventures_Vol_1_17.jpg03ccbeck1.gif

tumblr_manl5yL4wT1r2k7mbo1_500.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

To bad they can't go back to calling him Captain Marvel. Shazam is such a hokey name. He sounds like a character from Aladdin. :sick:

I agree it's more than hokey, it's stupid & will be confusing for those who don't know the characters history. :facepalm:

Shazam is the wizard that gave Captain Marvel his powers and the hero should be called by his true name, but I know Marvel would have a hissy fit if WB/DC used that name. :slapfight:

Technically, it shouldn't be a problem so long as they keep prefacing Marvel with "Captain". The minute you just call him MARVEL, then there is a legal issue.

But, Marvel has sold off over half a dozen franchises already, why not just ask them to sell you the rights to use "Marvel" in a movie for some lucre? After selling animation rights to Lionsgate for some of your most popular superheroes, Is there really some doubt in your mind that Marvel won't sell their grandmother for a ham sandwich?

I Marvel at the possibilities.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

Get that stupid Nu52 design out of the first post. Classic should be front and center.

Peace,

Chip

All that misdirected rage is not going to be healthy for you. Read a few Nu52 books, and get a good nap in.

:baiting:

Get that stupid Nu52 design out of the first post. Classic should be front and center.

Peace,

Chip

All that misdirected rage is not going to be healthy for you. Read a few Nu52 books, and get a good nap in.

I like the new 52 books

Peace,

Chip

I like the new 52 books

Then the image stays!

:sumo:

Although I'm a Captain Marvel purist, we're in the 21st Century and what is cool matters. "Captain Marvel" worked in the WWII 1940s and in the white-clean-and-neat 1950s, but it's 2014 and you've got a music app named "Shazam" that yuppies love to use :preach: and a band named Foxy Shazam. My son calls Captain Marvel "Shazam", and come to think of it, when I was a kid watching the 1970s TV show, my friends and I referred to Captain Marvel as Shazam.

The article states, "Siempre he estado interesado en dos personajes en toda mi carrera, han sido mis favoritos desde niño: Linterna Verde y Black Adam... ¡Creo que acabamos de adelantar el anuncio!"

which means, "I've always been interested in two characters my entire career, and they've been my favorites since I was a kid: Green Lantern and Black Adam . . . I think we should speed up the announcement!"

My bet is he will portray Black Adam.

Technically, it shouldn't be a problem so long as they keep prefacing Marvel with "Captain". The minute you just call him MARVEL, then there is a legal issue.

But, Marvel has sold off over half a dozen franchises already, why not just ask them to sell you the rights to use "Marvel" in a movie for some lucre? After selling animation rights to Lionsgate for some of your most popular superheroes, Is there really some doubt in your mind that Marvel won't sell their grandmother for a ham sandwich?

I Marvel at the possibilities.

-Terry

Marvel owns the rights to the name Captain Marvel. See Carol Danvers current book.

I think Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam would ROCK (sorry).

But no matter who he plays, who do they get to play the other role? It would have to be somebody just as big and physically imposing to make it believable. Right?

I think they could get away with a slightly smaller Shazam since Billy Batson is a kid and Black Adam is an adult, but not vice versa.

Could they do it like DC did with the comics? Call the movie "Shazam" but call the character in the movie "Captain Marvel"?

I sure hope that's the route that they're going. (shrug) That would be fine by me and probably most fans of the character. (thumbs u