• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

said it in the other thread, might as well say it here too,

I love the Rock, and I will see every movie he is in, because they are fun. But the reason Marvel does so well, is they have chosen high quality over all things including name recognition. Some of the biggest stars of the current era in Hollywood, became big by being in Marvel movies and were chosen because of their acting talents and high quality match to the source character material.

DC is trying to rush to play catch up, and throwing big names into movies is not enough to be able to right their movie ship. They'd do better to focus on high quality, young, upcoming actors , as Marvel has and continues to do so.

Ariana Grande should be a lock to play Mary Marvel then (remember... she brings soundtrack possibilities too). hm

Who is Black Adam? A primer on the 'Shazam' antihero

-------------------

Shazam's evil daughter Blaze (literally evil, she's a demon) ruined everything. Instead of giving Black Adam the powers of Shazam, Blaze set it up so that Adam inherited the combined powers of the Egyptian pantheon.

-------------------

I never realized what it was that made him the anti-hero.

Who Should Star as Shazam in the Upcoming Movie?

---------------------

Shazam is the superhero equivalent of ‘Big.’ He may look like a musclebound superhuman who can throw lightning bolts and stand toe-to-toe with Superman in a fight to the death, but he’s literally a kid in an adult’s body. This means he can be helplessly naive, but it also means that he’s innocent and pure, free of the baggage that corrupts his fellow adults. While most superheroes look at their business of saving the world as a core and a job, it’s fun for Billy/Shazam. At its heart, this character is all about wish fulfillment. It allows young comic book readers to see one of their own become a superhero. They can live vicariously through this figure as he saves the world as a superhero despite being an 11-year old boy.

---------------------

hm

shazam_cast__captain_marvel_shazam__channing_tatum_by_allstardoomsday1992-d5yfesi.jpg

Here was the original cast when the movie was hinted at back in 2009.

theartofoneness_shazam_1.jpg

I really could not think of a better choice for Shazam than Channing Tatum to be honest. His role in the Jump Street movies is pure fun.

Chris Pratt could've been interesting since he seems like a little kid at heart too.

I can see Channing Tatum pulling off the boyish part of Captain Marvel. But isn't he locked into that Gambit role Fox announced a while back?

I really could not think of a better choice for Shazam than Channing Tatum to be honest. His role in the Jump Street movies is pure fun.

Chris Pratt could've been interesting since he seems like a little kid at heart too.

I can see Channing Tatum pulling off the boyish part of Captain Marvel. But isn't he locked into that Gambit role Fox announced a while back?

That's the catch ain't it. I wasn't sure whether or not it was official. I think most fans would rather see him as a different character. He's got a great personality to do a superhero character justice, I just don't see him pulling off Gambit as well as another actor could.

Edited by spideyfan78ct

Someone put a LOT of time into thinking through everyone that should be in a Shazam movie. And I do mean everyone.

SHAZAM Trilogy Fan Cast!

I didn't realize Isis was Black Adam's wife.

--------------------

Isis [Height: 6' 1", Age: Unknown]: Black Adam's Wife, Who co-ruled ancient Kahndaq until her murder, which broke Black Adam and turned him into a Monster!

Maggie Q [Height: 5' 6", Age: 36, Notable Works: Mission: Impossible III, Live Free or Die Hard, Nikita {T.V. Series}]: Maggie is a beautiful and highly talented actress. I wasn't sure who I was gonna use for Isis, and I wanted to get someone who was a good match with Black Adam and Osiris.

--------------------

DC%20Comics%20Shazam%20Fan%20Cast%20-%20Isis%20-%20Maggie%20Q.jpg

There is a strong rumor that this will be a stand alone series with no connection to the Batman V. Superman series.

Shazam might not be part of Batman V. Superman?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Ok, so he's not an A-lister by any means, but am I the only one who thinks of Shazam, every time I see this guy - Patrick Warburton-

I"m not sure if it's somehow because of Alex Ross or what, but to me he's like the the closest representation of how I perceive Shazam.

2wcnnyu.jpg

Whenever I think of Captain Marvel, I think about him smiling. For me, whoever plays him has to have a great smile. I think Jake Gyllenhaal has that, but isn't big enough (muscle wise).

He's an awesome actor, still young enough, good looking and can put on the muscle. Tom Hardy mutated to Bane, Cavill to Superman...the list is endless. Physique is the lesser problem. Finding good actors to play the right roles is much more difficult.