• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

The article states, "Siempre he estado interesado en dos personajes en toda mi carrera, han sido mis favoritos desde niño: Linterna Verde y Black Adam... ¡Creo que acabamos de adelantar el anuncio!"

which means, "I've always been interested in two characters my entire career, and they've been my favorites since I was a kid: Green Lantern and Black Adam . . . I think we should speed up the announcement!"

My bet is he will portray Black Adam.

He probably would make a better Black Adam (villain) than Captain Marvel (hero). hm Especially since Hercules was a major flop. 2c

He probably would make a better Black Adam (villain) than Captain Marvel (hero). hm Especially since Hercules was a major flop. 2c

But would he really? Could Dwayne Johnson pull off that villain persona to carry Black Adam?

I could see him pulling off the boyishness of Captain Marvel while being this massive figure.

More From The Rock On SHAZAM; Praises -script And Teases Story And DCU Connections

"My trip to Comic-Con was a surprise, so I called personally to executives at New Line and Warner Bros. to see if they would like to announce Shazam me there. Unfortunately, it was not time yet, but the official announcement should happen soon."

"I am 100% sure that the movie will happen We're talking about it since 2008, when I was offered the role for the first time was just a matter of finding the right -script, and it finally happened now," Johnson promised. "We have a writer who understood the story and brought an amazing approach not only to Shazam, but the power of Black Adam as well." Here's where things get a little confusing though. After reiterating that Johnson has not yet chosen between playing the hero or villain, they add that Johnson, "concluded by suggesting that the film will seek a kind of balance between these two antagonistic characters," and that "the film will be part of the ad leads to adaptations of superheroes from DC, which should happen soon." It's believed that an official announcement WILL be coming later this month, and with The Rock talking so much about the role recently, hopefully we'll get that press release ASAP...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

hope we get something soon it would be awesome if Shazam is used to kick off WB/DC magic universe

Edited by kagenish

But would he really? Could Dwayne Johnson pull off that villain persona to carry Black Adam?

I could see him pulling off the boyishness of Captain Marvel while being this massive figure.

I'm not saying he is an Academy Award level actor by no means. lol I just feel playing a villain may come more easier & natural to him than a hero. (shrug)

I guess the best way to gauge this would be to watch his movies as both and decide which one he is best at. (shrug)

WB/DC must be satisfied with him as choice, even though we are in the dark about which character he will play. I believe it will be Black Adam though. ;)

Maybe Shaq could play opposite the Rock. hm

Kazaam.jpg

:eek:

Completely off topic but this picture just made me realize that this kid from the film is playing a thug type character in the Strain, crazy. Alright, back to Shazam, carry on.

wait is he gus in the strain.

I am not a fan of the 52 version of Captain Marvel. Both, the suite and the story need adjustments.

2-12.jpg

I like that they tried to approach Captain Marvel in a new, potentially modern way, but because a look is old, doesn't mean it's not classic or modern. He looks really fat, his suite gadgets look unproportional and the huge lightning emblem on his chest looks like something from the 90's.

His portrayal in the Justice League War film was better looking and even Billy was a lot more likable than he currently is in the comics.

4-7.jpg

I would have preferred a carefully revised version of the original look, as they did with Superman and the others.

1-12.jpeg