• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Whenever I think of Captain Marvel, I think about him smiling. For me, whoever plays him has to have a great smile. I think Jake Gyllenhaal has that, but isn't big enough (muscle wise).

He's an awesome actor, still young enough, good looking and can put on the muscle. Tom Hardy mutated to Bane, Cavill to Superman...the list is endless. Physique is the lesser problem. Finding good actors to play the right roles is much more difficult.

:mad: Why is it so much work for me???

Whenever I think of Captain Marvel, I think about him smiling. For me, whoever plays him has to have a great smile. I think Jake Gyllenhaal has that, but isn't big enough (muscle wise).

He's an awesome actor, still young enough, good looking and can put on the muscle. Tom Hardy mutated to Bane, Cavill to Superman...the list is endless. Physique is the lesser problem. Finding good actors to play the right roles is much more difficult.

:mad: Why is it so much work for me???

I see you're having one of those 1000 ton weight problems. If I remember correctly, you have to deflate yourself with a pin... or a stick :baiting:

Is it working, yet? :insane:

It's Between Jake Gyllenhall, Armie Hammer and Daniel Cudmore

Armie Hammer

armie-hammer--large-msg-130245510834.jpg

He has been selected for a CBM role (Batman as part of the ill-fated 'Justice League: Mortal' movie), and was considered for Ant-Man. And at 6'5" he definitely wouldn't be dwarfed by Dwayne Johnson.

Daniel Cudmore would be another good candidate.

Shouldn't Cap Marvel and Black Adam be roughly the same build?

Personally that wouldn't bother me to much. Not many people will be able to match the Rock for size/build, however whoever is cast as Shazam I am sure will buff up quite a bit (look at the Superman dude).

And as far as a Jake Gylenhhal "Shazam" holding his own against a Dwayne Johnson "Black Adam" with such a huge size difference I'd easly be able to chalk it up to "magic".

I mean that is his whole thing, "With one magic word".

Armie Hammer

He has been selected for a CBM role (Batman as part of the ill-fated 'Justice League: Mortal' movie), and was considered for Ant-Man. And at 6'5" he definitely wouldn't be dwarfed by Dwayne Johnson.

Out of those I'd still go with this one :sumo:

JakeG.png

Armie Hammer

Out of those I'd still go with this one :sumo:

JakeG.png

And he can act!

Movie confirmed for 2019 :banana:

Now, let's see who's going to be Captain Marvel hm

I really didn't think Warner was going to push the movie out that far. Especially since Dwayne Johnson had already been announced as Black Adam.

Five years to wait for one of my favorite DC characters.

:ohnoez:

With Hollywood, A LOT can happen in 5 years too...That is what I find interesting with most of DC's film announcements...
Exactly, this whole strategy if you can call it that reeks of desperation on WB's part.

Also, did not most of these come as a result of an "investors meeting? What a way to roll out your film announcements of finally getting DC heroes to the big screen... :P

Do you actually think 'Suicide Squad' came out of an investor meeting?

I don't think anything evolved from a mere investor's meeting. DC has been predictably moving forward with their properties. If you're an avid reader of the new 52 and are familiar with their animated productions you can easily see a clear roadmap that's been developed.

It was obvious before there were any announcements that Cyborg would have been included in some capacity. It's equivalently observable that they've had a vested interest in the Suicide Squad for awhile now. Arrow featured Suicide Squad, and there's an animated Suicide Squad movie.

Vixen was another obvious inclusion simply because there has been criticism of DC and Marvel for not utilizing females as much, and also because there has been criticism relating to characters of color. Vixen fit the bill on all those fronts because she's a hero that's been associated with Suicide Squad and she's African American.

Even the recent announcement of Wonder Woman's origin and the purported Aquaman movie storyline as it ties to BvS is an obvious tip of the hat to the new 52 origins and etiologies.