• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Says BLACK ADAM Fueled By Righteous Anger

"I can’t wait. He’s a unique type of villain. When you start off as a slave, you’re not in a good mood! There’s a heavy wrath that a lot of people have to pay. But when it’s fuelled by a righteous anger if you will, like Black Adam, then you open up to what the character can be which I’m really excited about. That’s why he’s not just a straightforward bad guy."

I didn't know there was a Captain Marvel/Shazam thread! Awesome... get the movie made before someone changes their mind (thumbs u

WTTB Eastriver! In answer to your question, most likely that or swap Shazam for Superman...

Thank you! And thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to this movie. I think the fact that Captain Marvel (I just can't get used to calling him Shazam) is a boy in a hero's body and the seemingly lighter and humorous take New Line is taking will result in a huge base of new and young Captain Marvel fans.

Help a middle aged guy out.....what does IGKSDITD mean? I'm going to kick Shazam down in the dirt?

It wasn't the best thing for him to say - but then again it is Black Adam

:whistle:

Black Adam, also known as Shazam (shrug)

lol

Well he gets to say it at least...

EDIT: maybe only the once though ;)

Edited by Batman

Thank you! And thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to this movie. I think the fact that Captain Marvel (I just can't get used to calling him Shazam) is a boy in a hero's body and the seemingly lighter and humorous take New Line is taking will result in a huge base of new and young fans. Not to mention the mass appeal of the Rock. I know the effect the campy Batman TV series had on me as a kid.

I know what you mean... It should be Captain Marvel with "Shazam" being the wizard and the magic word. Always loved the whole Cap/Billy alter ego thing (thumbs u One of the best secret identities in comic books which made for some great stories. I swear it was the inspiration for the UK's very own Bananaman lol

Thank you! And thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to this movie. I think the fact that Captain Marvel (I just can't get used to calling him Shazam) is a boy in a hero's body and the seemingly lighter and humorous take New Line is taking will result in a huge base of new and young fans. Not to mention the mass appeal of the Rock. I know the effect the campy Batman TV series had on me as a kid.

I know what you mean... It should be Captain Marvel with "Shazam" being the wizard and the magic word. Always loved the whole Cap/Billy alter ego thing (thumbs u One of the best secret identities in comic books which made for some great stories. I swear it was the inspiration for the UK's very own Bananaman lol

Cast the talented Sabrina Carpenter as Mary Marvel (or even her co-star Rowan) and not some wannabe Lindsay and I'll be happy. The only thing I liked with Shazam in Justice League: War was it was a bunch of kids with the various traits that made up Shazam!