• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Help a middle aged guy out.....what does IGKSDITD mean? I'm going to kick Shazam down in the dirt?

It wasn't the best thing for him to say - but then again it is Black Adam

:whistle:

Black Adam, also known as Shazam (shrug)

You may have missed the point. The question was what IGKSDITD stood for in threatening Superman. Dwayne Johnson was doing that in Black Adam character.

Thank you! And thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to this movie. I think the fact that Captain Marvel (I just can't get used to calling him Shazam) is a boy in a hero's body and the seemingly lighter and humorous take New Line is taking will result in a huge base of new and young fans. Not to mention the mass appeal of the Rock. I know the effect the campy Batman TV series had on me as a kid.

I know what you mean... It should be Captain Marvel with "Shazam" being the wizard and the magic word. Always loved the whole Cap/Billy alter ego thing (thumbs u One of the best secret identities in comic books which made for some great stories. I swear it was the inspiration for the UK's very own Bananaman lol

Cast the talented Sabrina Carpenter as Mary Marvel (or even her co-star Rowan) and not some wannabe Lindsay and I'll be happy. The only thing I liked with Shazam in Justice League: War was it was a bunch of kids with the various traits that made up Shazam!

Is that a wannabe Lindsay Lohan? I'm a bit out of touch with "current" actresses... I also have no idea who those other people are lol

EDIT: OK I'm up to speed now ... "Girl Meets World" (thumbs u

Edited by Batman

Help a middle aged guy out.....what does IGKSDITD mean? I'm going to kick Shazam down in the dirt?

You may have missed the point. The question was what IGKSDITD stood for in threatening Superman. Dwayne Johnson was doing that in Black Adam character.

Comicopolis was referring to the line in the Yibada article...

Johnson is set to play Black Adam, also known as Shazam, in the upcoming DC Comics film "Shazam!"

I dunno... reporters these days :eyeroll:

Thank you! And thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to this movie. I think the fact that Captain Marvel (I just can't get used to calling him Shazam) is a boy in a hero's body and the seemingly lighter and humorous take New Line is taking will result in a huge base of new and young fans. Not to mention the mass appeal of the Rock. I know the effect the campy Batman TV series had on me as a kid.

I know what you mean... It should be Captain Marvel with "Shazam" being the wizard and the magic word. Always loved the whole Cap/Billy alter ego thing (thumbs u One of the best secret identities in comic books which made for some great stories. I swear it was the inspiration for the UK's very own Bananaman lol

Cast the talented Sabrina Carpenter as Mary Marvel (or even her co-star Rowan) and not some wannabe Lindsay and I'll be happy. The only thing I liked with Shazam in Justice League: War was it was a bunch of kids with the various traits that made up Shazam!

Is that a wannabe Lindsay Lohan? I'm a bit out of touch with "current" actresses... I also have no idea who those other people are lol

Her brief bits in Horns were great. Their gonna need someone fairly young now before this thing gets eventually made. I'm not too much in tuned to the younger actresses myself, but it's easy to spot the ones that can't act. They are gonna need an "every girl" and an unknown to play Captain Marvel/Billy Batson.

Her brief bits in Horns were great. Their gonna need someone fairly young now before this thing gets eventually made. I'm not too much in tuned to the younger actresses myself, but it's easy to spot the ones that can't act. They are gonna need an "every girl" and an unknown to play Captain Marvel/Billy Batson.

Yes, I doubt we'll see this movie for a while... that rules out Emily Blunt for the role then ;) I always thought actor/musician/comedian Henry Rollins would make a great Captain Marvel... he's a bit too old, though.

Er, no.

Comicopolis was referring to the line in the Yibada article...

Johnson is set to play Black Adam, also known as Shazam, in the upcoming DC Comics film "Shazam!"

I dunno... reporters these days :eyeroll:

You got it.

Er, no.

Okay, Black Adam.

:baiting:

WHOA! That would be cool.

Fz3ajo0.jpg

This Is What John Cena Would Look Like As Shazam

With the Rock’s Shazam movie getting closer and closer, the hunt is still on for the film’s protagonist. That’s where we come in. When you think about it, there’s really only a few choices who have the physique and charisma that one would expect from Captain Mar…err…Shazam.

We believe one of those choices should be none other than the 15x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, John Cena. Acting is not entirely out of Cena’s wheelhouse. With a few movies under his belt and some TV appearances, Cena has shown versatility outside of the squared circle. He can play the tough action star, as seen in The Marine. He also has shown his comedic timing in films like Trainwreck (with Amy Schumer) and the upcoming Sisters film (with Tina Fey and Amy Pohler).

I have no idea who he is, but based on that picture alone he definitely has the childlike quality I believe is so integral to the Shazam character. I am still hoping For Joe Mangiello as Shazam but I think who is cast for Billy Batson will ultimately be so much more important.

I have also heard Sienna Miller is a shoe in for Mary Marvel. Who knows.

I am just happy Geoff Johns is co-writing the -script.

What's the Deal with SHAZAM?

Black Adam is strong. We know that. There have been comics when all the heroes combined can’t take him on. So what if Black Adam is the main villain of the first JUSTICE LEAGUE film? From there, he is defeated, and in the SHAZAM film due out in 2019 (or potentially earlier, if the Rock has his way), we see his “origin” story. No, not his origin from ancient Egyptian times, but his origin as a superhero to take on the mantle of Captain Marvel (or Shazam). This way, he’ll be primed and ready to take on Darkseid with the rest of the Justice League in JUSTICE LEAGUE PART TWO.

Yes, I am suggesting that they nix Billy Batson altogether. In today’s climate of comic book movies, I don’t think he’ll be missed too much.

All of this is a very roundabout way of suggesting that DC is keeping the franchise under wraps. They can’t reveal info about the movie SHAZAM, because in doing so, they’d have to reveal that the Rock’s Black Adam will, in fact, be reforming into that character.

hm

[

Yes, I am suggesting that they nix Billy Batson altogether. In today’s climate of comic book movies, I don’t think he’ll be missed too much.

hm

i just meant what if they rolled with DJ as Shazam as opposed to BA (he'd make a better BA)... diversity and all that~