• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Shazam director David F. Sandberg points out a strange Mandela effect occurrence that appears to have popped up regarding the DC movie. Sandberg's Shazam was released in 2019 and introduced young hero Billy Batson (Asher Angel) to the DCEU. A foster kid with a rebellious streak, Billy one day comes across an ancient wizard who grants him the ability to turn into a superpowered adult (Zachary Levi) whenever he says the word "Shazam." The film was a modest hit for the franchise, and a sequel, Shazam: Fury of the Gods, is set to begin production in just over a month.

Like a good number of superhero blockbusters these days, Shazam included two scenes tacked onto the credits. The first set up a future villain for Billy in Mr. Mind, who reached out to Dr. Sivana (Mark Strong) in his jail cell. The second featured Billy and his foster brother Freddy (Jack Dylan Grazer) as they continued to speculate about the former's superhero abilities. At least, these are the Shazam scenes that have been widely discussed. There are some, however, who argue they saw something else.

A conversation started up on social media Wednesday with Sandberg and Shazam fans. It began when someone questioned why a scene with Billy and his siblings, all in their grown, superpowered forms, taking their seats among the champions' thrones was removed from the film. When some began to claim the moment was actually Shazam's end-credits scene, Sandberg chimed in to say it must be an example of the Mandela effect. "People keep arguing they saw Shazam with the throne scene in it, but we cut it early on," Sandberg wrote. "Never finished vfx/DI and the music is taken from another scene. It's only ever been a deleted scene released as an extra. I don't think we even had it in test screenings." He then constructed a poll for fans to state whether they recall seeing the Shazam scene or not.

As some have pointed out in the comments, there's a chance the scene was included in Shazam screenings for different locations. It certainly seems odd that some people would remember it so clearly if it never happened. However, it also would be unlikely that Sandberg wouldn't be aware of the use of the scene. As he said, the moment with the thrones wasn't even properly completed since they cut it early on. Including an unfinished scene in a movie, even if it was only in a handful of locations, has to be a mistake.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Holy Moley!!  I need one of those Captain Marvel Jr. Plush Dolls! Anyone know where I can score one?  :angel:

415735358_CaptainMarvelJr.PlushDoll.thumb.jpg.d9286844fd25a78ccb92e7643b1d8b45.jpg

Ogling.gif.221b401539e5e2cccf1ea7cc9aee2955.gif1266790782_CaptainMarvelJr.PlushDolls2.png.df15c9758cdd265b8e874439c76aed4f.png

After 2 years and 8 weeks of searching I finally got myself a Bandai Namco Captain Marvel Jr. plush toy WB was handing out at the "Shazam! Funfair" in the Bernie Spain Gardens, South Bank for their London Film Premiere.  When your an avid collector of art for 50+ years, patience and perseverance pays off...  :cloud9:

Captain Marvel Jr. will be joining my Schoenhut composite Felix the Cat and Tarzan Employee Maquette prominently displayed in my office for my clients to ogle.

1966426883_BandaiNamcoCaptainMarvelJr..thumb.png.d221b0ecaeb606cb162d7b40e27792ed.png

195431549_ShazamFunfairSouthBankLondonPremiere.thumb.png.0d73af649d6b014d7474ef0a91cda19f.png