• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus 1 a more valuable key than Hulk 181? Really Overstreet? Poll on Page 87
3 3

1,571 posts in this topic

The quality of FQ#1 might not have been up to the Pinis standards but it doesn’t damage easily. I bought mine off goodwill.com and they packaged it poorly and it got a major ding in the corner. Like a ridiculous ding making it uncomfortable to open the book. No chipping or color breaking though, had it pressed and it’s barely there now 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So a 9.4 Cerebus 1 sold for 29k and a 8.0 sold for $7500... how does that compare with old Hulk 181 now?

Well, if you are talking about grades such as CGC 9.4 and CGC 8.0, then it should be quite obvious that Cerebus 1 is clearly more valuable than Hulk 181.  (thumbsu

If you simply go by the FMV in GoCollect for Hulk 181 in CGC 9.4 and CGC 8.0, the values listed are $11K and $4,700 respectively.  If you feel that those estimated values for Hulk 181 might be out of date, then all you need is look at this just completed CL Featured Auction whereby a CGC 9.4 graded copy of Hulk 181 finished up at $13,550 last Wednesday followed by another 9.4 graded copy selling for $21,350 this past Monday, with the CGC 8.0 graded copy selling for $6,600 this past Monday.  :gossip:

So, either way, it would appear that the Cerebus 1 is worth more than the Hulk 181 in these 2 particular grades.  :applause:

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:
4 hours ago, SuperBird said:

How much of a premium does Deni's signature bring, I wonder? 

I wouldn’t pay extra for her Sig 

Although you wouldn't, I believe Sim had to pay a whole ton of money for her signature.  :gossip:

On their divorce proceedings paper, that is.  :slapfight:  lol

It definitely makes sense that a book like Cerebus 1 would outsell Hulk 181 in comparable grades, due to it picking up steam like other Indie titles. The difference in census numbers is insane!

Cerebus 1 has 2 9.4's in the highest graded column, with the next down 5 9.0's, 18 8.5's and so on, ending with just a mere 221 total blue labels and 270 overall graded. So I mean wow, insane rarity! I'm too lazy to google the print numbers if that's known or if it was discussed in this thread earlier lol, but must have been pretty low.

19 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Where was it listed?

with Deni’s Sig?

It was mine, I listed it here for 2 days with no offers and then Ebay but I sold it on the side, graded pic at bottom of p3 on the Cerebus #1 club page. Here's the sigs:

20210128_201522.jpg

Edited by ned
Details

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

So I mean wow, insane rarity! I'm too lazy to google the print numbers if that's known or if it was discussed in this thread earlier lol, but must have been pretty low.

As has long been stated in Overstreet, the print run for Cerebus 1 is only 2,000 copies with virtually the entire print run suffering from poor printing.  :(

Apparently, Dave himself went through the entire 2,000 print run to pull out the very few copies that didn't have as much spinal defects for his own personal collection.  This is why the Signature Series tends to have the higher graded copies as opposed to the Universal copies.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As has long been stated in Overstreet, the print run for Cerebus 1 is only 2,000 copies with virtually the entire print run suffering from poor printing.  :(

Apparently, Dave himself went through the entire 2,000 print run to pull out the very few copies that didn't have as much spinal defects for his own personal collection.  This is why the Signature Series tends to have the higher graded copies as opposed to the Universal copies.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

Interesting, well that's definitely upper level rarity!