• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dentist, Metropolis...

276 posts in this topic

i've got the best collection on my block.

....don't forget your world famous Mud-Bug Gumbo :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Who actually has the best comics collection in the world?

It is a crazy collection that Mr A has:

Church copy of Action Comics 1

Best DC27

Best Superman 1 too?

Church copies of Action comics 2-23 as well I believe.

What else does he have, and does Metro have a collection to rival it (it seems impossible...)?

Best Superman #1. Best Detective 27 (Allentown). Best Action #1. Someone said something recently about the best Batman #1 although I've never heard about that book until recently.

So, the best copy of at least three (of not four) of the top five books in the hobby. At least where he crosses over into my research, his comics are untouchable.

PURE SPECULATION FOLLOWS :)

One thing that came up in an off-board discussion a few years ago is that he was also buying SA Marvels back in the day. I've always wondered about what that portion of his collection might look like if that info was accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it.) He's clearly got a drive for quality and having the best, so he might have a couple of earth shattering gems from the 1960s to balance out the Golden Age portion of his collection.

If you were to see Fishler's art collection your mind would blow wide open.

John Verzyl happens to own every Mile High Timely except for 6 or 7.

His Marvel #1 is rumored to be perfect and the Cap #1 is a graded 9.8 (not a Mile High though).

And don't forget the random other Church copies he's got laying around. No big deal.

aa16_book_lg.jpg

For what it's worth... his son Adam sells on eBay as Blissard IIRC...... and the books are very tightly graded...... VG/F's are pretty. GOD BLESS...

His Marvel #1 is rumored to be perfect and the Cap #1 is a graded 9.8 (not a Mile High though).

And don't forget the random other Church copies he's got laying around. No big deal.

aa16_book_lg.jpg

I forgot all about that clunker.

aa16_book_lg.jpg

I remember John flying that one in personally to CGC and hanging in the waiting room for the results lol. There was a photo posted with the book in slab, John, and Borock.

For what it's worth... his son Adam sells on eBay as Blissard IIRC...... and the books are very tightly graded...... VG/F's are pretty. GOD BLESS...

This young man is one of the hardest working sellers around. I've never met the Dentist but if I ever do I'll shake his hand not for having the world's best books but for some kind of great job raising his son. You'd never know the kid comes from comic book royalty. Old school work ethic and a class act. A business largely based on recycling Geppi's old Harveys is no walk in the park.

This young man is one of the hardest working sellers around. I've never met the Dentist but if I ever do I'll shake his hand not for having the world's best books but for some kind of great job raising his son. You'd never know the kid comes from comic book royalty. Old school work ethic and a class act. A business largely based on recycling Geppi's old Harveys is no walk in the park.

Cool intel Andy (thumbs u

aa16_book_lg.jpg

I forgot all about that clunker.

Just pretend it's a newly discovered Timely :)

That's been my experience as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Adam.

Hmmmm, I may have the best one in the sub-division, but then its only ten homes.

I have the best collection in my house because my cat just mostly collects drek. But it's what he likes, so who am I to judge. (shrug)

That's been my experience as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Adam.

I too have bought from Adam/blissard, great books and shipping! :)

Hmmmm, I may have the best one in the sub-division, but then its only ten homes.

I have the best collection in my house because my cat just mostly collects drek. But it's what he likes, so who am I to judge. (shrug)

lol

My cat collects moths. The collection continually rotates, cause he eats them.

Who actually has the best comics collection in the world?

It is a crazy collection that Mr A has:

Church copy of Action Comics 1

Best DC27

Best Superman 1 too?

Church copies of Action comics 2-23 as well I believe.

What else does he have, and does Metro have a collection to rival it (it seems impossible...)?

Best Superman #1. Best Detective 27 (Allentown). Best Action #1. Someone said something recently about the best Batman #1 although I've never heard about that book until recently.

So, the best copy of at least three (of not four) of the top five books in the hobby. At least where he crosses over into my research, his comics are untouchable.

PURE SPECULATION FOLLOWS :)

One thing that came up in an off-board discussion a few years ago is that he was also buying SA Marvels back in the day. I've always wondered about what that portion of his collection might look like if that info was accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it.) He's clearly got a drive for quality and having the best, so he might have a couple of earth shattering gems from the 1960s to balance out the Golden Age portion of his collection.

Hasn't he also been advertising for years in the OSPG that he buys Superman and Batman related toys? I imagine that part of his collection must also be something to behold.