• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No photobucket on ebay?

19 posts in this topic

Direct hosting to photobucket? No...

However, when you are setting up an auction it does give you the option of uploading a pic from a web address. Just use the direct link from the pic and it will upload from photobucket rather than you having to download the images from photobucket to your computer and then uploading them to eBay.

However, when you are setting up an auction it does give you the option of uploading a pic from a web address. Just use the direct link from the pic and it will upload from photobucket rather than you having to download the images from photobucket to your computer and then uploading them to eBay.

What is the advantage of doing that?

Great advantage actually...

Say am running a sales thread in the forum where I have twenty items. I keep those items in photobucket and when I want to put the thread on hiatus, I simply right click / control click and copy the link from the image right into the auction and cut and paste text into the description.

It's actually pretty easy. This is why I run a thread here first. Everyone here gets first dibs and then I move it to eBay in a week or two.

Great advantage actually...

Say am running a sales thread in the forum where I have twenty items. I keep those items in photobucket and when I want to put the thread on hiatus, I simply right click / control click and copy the link from the image right into the auction and cut and paste text into the description.

It's actually pretty easy. This is why I run a thread here first. Everyone here gets first dibs and then I move it to eBay in a week or two.

That's smart. Thanks for explaining it and I believe I'll give that a shot next time I sell stuff.

OK, I must have missed this, is it now impossible to use photobucket images on ebay? Is there a way around this? I have most of my pictures on my doohicky sitting in my office computer right now.

You can also use the images from photobucket in the description. I do it all the time, just use the html code tab when you want to add the pictures, then take the HTLM code from photobucket and paste them in..

I used to have to write my own, but photobucket does it for you. That way you can have large images in the description.

OK, I must have missed this, is it now impossible to use photobucket images on ebay? Is there a way around this? I have most of my pictures on my doohicky sitting in my office computer right now.

You can also use the images from photobucket in the description. I do it all the time, just use the html code tab when you want to add the pictures, then take the HTLM code from photobucket and paste them in..

I used to have to write my own, but photobucket does it for you. That way you can have large images in the description.

Yeah. That's the way I've done it for over ten years.

Title scared me into eBay blocked html... :ohnoez:

Yeah. That's the way I've done it for over ten years.

Title scared me into eBay blocked html... :ohnoez:

Me too, I thought he meant we could not longer add large pictures...whew;)

fwiw, there are dozens of other (and usually better) image hosting sites than Photobucket..

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/photo-sharing-sites

Thanks, that's a helpful link.

I tried a few when photobucket changed their site a while ago.

My main problem was that I have thousands of family photos/travel/comic photos already on Photobucket and switching was going to take forever, I didn't want two sites. I've since been downloading everything to dropbox, so eventually I might not find it so hard to switch...but honestly, Photobucket is better now, once they got rid of most of the new glitches.

I remember using that before photobucket, something that was hosted on AOL a zillion years ago. That's when I was writing my own html. Thank goodness someone one eBay had written a simple guide or I would have been lost.

I think I stopped because they were no longer hosting pictures on AOL and my friend's son (the computer genius) told me to use Photobucket. It was a long time ago.

Does FTP need a host? Can you explain how to use it to someone who is not a computer geek? I just looked in Wikipedia and my eyes were spinning.