• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Con - Sept.7

13 posts in this topic

dear flatliner,

Please put on hold the $50 worth of comics greggy would normally buy from u, so I can buy them to spite him. :hi:

OK. As long as he doesn't insist I meet him before the show, so he can buy them all.

I've already purchased everything that I need from you already.

dear flatliner,

Please put on hold the $50 worth of comics greggy would normally buy from u, so I can buy them to spite him. :hi:

OK. As long as he doesn't insist I meet him before the show, so he can buy them all.

You're going to be in Baltimore?

dear flatliner,

Yes and I'm going to tickle you.

dear flatliner,

Yes and I'm going to tickle you.

What happens in Baltimore stays in Baltimore. :whistle:

How bad was it?

1. Missing greggy's buying and speculative $$$ power.

2. 200 people through the door. Some of the bigger SA buyers out of town for the last burst of summer vacation.

3. 1 vendor started a price war by chopping his recent issues down to 25c. My buddy bought 72 Gen 13 comics to restock at 25c each.

1 other brick and mortar store had 33c back issues so I grabbed an ASM that was Ostreet $9 value. Some decent run of the mill SA Marvels and MA DC/Marvels were in the 60% OFF Ostreet long boxes.

What a blood bath at that show but great if you were buying or restocking. I bought FF Annual 3 wedding issue, X-men 14 1st Sentinels, Amaz Adventures 11 blue Beast, Marvel Team Up #1, GotG. Almost bought a Cgc All-Select hi-#. Saw a nice Phantom Lady 15? at over guide but deservedly so.

At least flatliner chased me down at the con and got a choice Kirby pre-birthday :applause: FF # 46 from me so not a total lost for him.

Yeah, it was brutal as a seller, but sweet as a buyer.

Made some choice buys, but sold very little.

Most dealers agreed that it was Abysmal.

By 2 hours in to the show guys were trying to sell off half their tables to other dealers for cheap. It was a Mobius strip of drek dumping.

I am just glad that Vancouver vendors are bad at math when they think the competing Comic Show has more expensive wall tables at $75 (8' x 3') vs this comicon at $55 (6' x 3'). This may keep the 25c price war vendor away from the alternate Show even though the price per square foot of display space almost exactly the same plus vendor does not have to run out to feed the parking meter every 2 hours.

Saw a vendor who parked 2 city blocks away to get free parking almost have a crate of toys fall off the top of his hand truck crossing the street. :makepoint:

How bad was it?

1. Missing greggy's buying and speculative $$$ power.

2. 200 people through the door. Some of the bigger SA buyers out of town for the last burst of summer vacation.

3. 1 vendor started a price war by chopping his recent issues down to 25c. My buddy bought 72 Gen 13 comics to restock at 25c each.

1 other brick and mortar store had 33c back issues so I grabbed an ASM that was Ostreet $9 value. Some decent run of the mill SA Marvels and MA DC/Marvels were in the 60% OFF Ostreet long boxes.

What a blood bath at that show but great if you were buying or restocking. I bought FF Annual 3 wedding issue, X-men 14 1st Sentinels, Amaz Adventures 11 blue Beast, Marvel Team Up #1, GotG. Almost bought a Cgc All-Select hi-#. Saw a nice Phantom Lady 15? at over guide but deservedly so.

At least flatliner chased me down at the con and got a choice Kirby pre-birthday :applause: FF # 46 from me so not a total lost for him.

Sounds like an awful show. If you can't sell much at least there's a better chance of buying well.