• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES animated movie (2023)
1 1

81 posts in this topic

Now this would be an interesting way for DC/Warner to jump off into space, while also developing a property that could be geared towards teens and adults.

HOT RUMOR: Warner Is Looking To Put 'Legion Of Superheroes' Into Development!

http://i.imgur.com/7G5GhV1.jpg

---------------------

Is Legion Of Superheroes part of the unannounced nine upcoming DC films Warners is planning? Not sure. With Guardians Of The Galaxy officially making more money domestically than Man Of Steel it's probably under strong consideration. Post Guardians Of The Galaxy, studios are hot for space properties. Disney not only has Guardians Of The Galaxy, but the rumored Inhumans under the Marvel banner. Let's also not forget the upcoming Star Wars films. Fox got Avatar sequels in the pipeline and Paramount got the upcoming Interstellar.

---------------------

And they could tie into a Supes universe through time travel, since that was much of their early adventures was visiting Superboy.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081021130803/marvel_dc/images/f/ff/Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_3_37.jpghttp://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081021130804/marvel_dc/images/4/4d/Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_3_38.jpg

Even their Smallville appearances could have been a potential for a space series, which CW and Warner missed the chance to build upon at the time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/SmallvilleLegion.jpg

As a lifelong Legion fan, this is fantastic news.

Doubtful that we'll see the classic 'Great Darkness Saga' used, given Thanos' involvement with GOTG and Avengers. Too similar.

Doubtful that we'll see the classic 'Great Darkness Saga' used, given Thanos' involvement with GOTG and Avengers. Too similar.

You just know they will screw it up.

I would love to see a LSH movie. They were my favorite group growing up. My first holy grail when I reentered collecting was 247

adv247c2.jpg

By the way, isn't this a truly great cover? Imagine being a tween in 1958, dime in hand, and you pull this off the spinner rack. Here are three teen/young adult characters that you never would have seen before, with name tags sitting in judgment over Superboy, and the dude named Cosmic Boy basically says, "too bad, Superboy, you flunked the tests, you can't join our little band of heroes, see ya!," then all three press the "NO" button -- talk about definitive, unequivocal rejection -- and there's Superboy, turning his head with the look of genuine surprise scrawled on his face. Epic Curt Swan.

You just know they will screw it up.

Does anyone care, so long as there's a big run up in the price of Legion books?

Which story arcs would make a good movie?

The Death of Superboy would, but I cant see them leading with that.

Shooters first arc, with the Kund invasion perhaps?

Who would make good villains for the piece? Fighting the Legion of Super-Villains would be too confusing.

For a group that was great for fifty years, they don't really have all that many great story lines