• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES animated movie (2023)
1 1

81 posts in this topic

Which story arcs would make a good movie?

The Death of Superboy would, but I cant see them leading with that.

Shooters first arc, with the Kund invasion perhaps?

Who would make good villains for the piece? Fighting the Legion of Super-Villains would be too confusing.

For a group that was great for fifty years, they don't really have all that many great story lines

Given that all of the other comic book movies haven't been all that closely tied to the actual comics, I would guess that a Legion movie could do whatever they want and create whatever villain they wanted.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the biggest domestic movie of 2014 and I doubt even most Marvel collectors were very familiar with the team or any of their storylines or villains. I knew the old GOTG, but had no clue about the new GOTG. I have no idea if the new GOTG comic series involved Thanos or Ronan in any way, and whether it did or not wouldn't have affected my perception of the movie at all.

As a lifelong Legion fan, this is fantastic news.

Doubtful that we'll see the classic 'Great Darkness Saga' used, given Thanos' involvement with GOTG and Avengers. Too similar.

You just know they will screw it up.

Does anyone care, so long as there's a big run up in the price of Legion books?

I'm very relieved to be distanced from the incessant speculation, keeping well away from the fire.

Doubtful that we'll see the classic 'Great Darkness Saga' used, given Thanos' involvement with GOTG and Avengers. Too similar.

I'm very relieved to be distanced from the incessant speculation, keeping well away from the fire.

The existence of a thread that is devoted to publicizing a possible Legion movie is not exactly staying away from incessant speculation.

lol

25 years ago, there seemed to be no hotter book than Adventure #247. Then, for the longest time, nobody really cared much. It's still a major key, but it may be the 20th or 25th most important Silver Age book, when for a while, it was 4th or 5th.

At the time, the Legion was the second most popular book DC had. It was one of the first, if not the first, regular series to get the Deluxe format,and it was one of only two DC books that was published twice a month. Not really sure where it all went wrong, but the last dozen reboots have been sad.

At the time, the Legion was the second most popular book DC had. It was one of the first, if not the first, regular series to get the Deluxe format,and it was one of only two DC books that was published twice a month. Not really sure where it all went wrong, but the last dozen reboots have been sad.

I think the Legion really lost their way in the post-Crisis/post-Byrne Superman reboot era. They were no longer as relevant to the DC Universe, as suddenly we had to start explaining who that Superboy was and what was he doing in the future (if there never was a Superboy to begin with).

I've picked it up over the years -- the Great Darkness Saga, the baxter reboot, the Legionnaires (because I love Chris Sprouse's art), but it was just so overly convoluted.

I think the Legion really lost their way in the post-Crisis/post-Byrne Superman reboot era. They were no longer as relevant to the DC Universe, as suddenly we had to start explaining who that Superboy was and what was he doing in the future (if there never was a Superboy to begin with).

I've picked it up over the years -- the Great Darkness Saga, the baxter reboot, the Legionnaires (because I love Chris Sprouse's art), but it was just so overly convoluted.

This.

The existence of a thread that is devoted to publicizing a possible Legion movie is not exactly staying away from incessant speculation.

Investment / hot book speculation, not on what might make a good Legion film, or nostalgia about the team.

How about:

A freshly formed legion is forced to recruit the Fatal Five to fight a rogue

controller and his ultimate weapon: the sun eater.

Should make an interesting movie. Totally based on #352-353 of course.

How about:

A freshly formed legion is forced to recruit the Fatal Five to fight a rogue

controller and his ultimate weapon: the sun eater.

Should make an interesting movie. Totally based on #352-353 of course.

Some of the first comics I ever read. :) Extremely influential on me. I'd thought of the Sun Eater, for that reason, but maybe it could look a bit similar to Parallax at the end of the Green Lantern film, even if it's done larger scale?

The series leading up to the Baxter series was great. The first few issues of that series were fantastic. Karate Kids death, Projecta beating the guy that even Superboy couldn't take one on one, the mystery behind Sensor Girl, and even the Death of Superboy, but then the endless rebooting and destruction of earth(s)

took its toll on me. The Legion of three worlds was good, but the followup wasn't.

The series leading up to the Baxter series was great. (thumbs u The first few issues of that series were fantastic. Karate Kids death, Projecta beating the guy that even Superboy couldn't take one on one, the mystery behind Sensor Girl, and even the Death of Superboy, but then the endless rebooting and destruction of earth(s)

took its toll on me. The Legion of three worlds was good, but the followup wasn't.

I didn't like Giffen's art on the early 80s Baxter series (good stories, though) and preferred his later 80s material when he'd assimilated some of Kevin Maguire's art style. I found Legion consistently readable from then on up until the mid 90s, with some very nice art - Chris Sprouse, as mentioned already, and also Stuart Immonen and Lee Moder.

I think it'd make a great TV series.... so many characters and ways to interact...multiple story lines...

I remember after the reboot in 1994 (Zero Hour), starting to read it again and thinking it'd make a great regular TV series.

Throughout it they could incorporate classic LSH stories and villains...

The series leading up to the Baxter series was great. (thumbs u The first few issues of that series were fantastic. Karate Kids death, Projecta beating the guy that even Superboy couldn't take one on one, the mystery behind Sensor Girl, and even the Death of Superboy, but then the endless rebooting and destruction of earth(s)

I didn't like Giffen's art on the early 80s Baxter series (good stories, though) and preferred his later 80s material when he'd assimilated some of Kevin Maguire's art style. I found Legion consistently readable from then on up until the mid 90s, with some very nice art - Chris Sprouse, as mentioned already, and also Stuart Immonen and Lee Moder.

Also a fan of Immonen, Sprouse, and especially Moder's work from that. I talked to Ron Marz at ECCC, and asked him about Lee Moder (they just did a Shinku series together), he said that everyone he ever talks to about Lee, specifically asks about his LSH work. He said it amazes him that there is this large, somewhat unknown fan base of Lee Moder LSH work out there.

Not sure how well it would translate to screen, but I still have tons of love for the Legion. I'm usually the odd man out, in that the 5YL/TMK years are actually my favorite run in the entire series, followed closely by the Baxter series, and then the years with the Moys. That Post Zero Hour run doesn't get tons of love, but I thought it was an incredibly fun, colorful, light-hearted superhero series.