• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES animated movie (2023)
1 1

81 posts in this topic

While i agree that the Fatal 5 are the the best villains for the LSH, I do not think it makes sense for them to be the first villains in an origin story. After all Vladius is the son of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

Perhaps Mordreau or the Time Trapper would be a better choice.

How do they get Superboy into it, if it's in the same Universe as MoS and Batman v. Superman. We've seen Supes' story already and there's no Superboy.

And I don't like them other Superboys who aren't a young Clark. They just muddy the waters.

At the time, the Legion was the second most popular book DC had. It was one of the first, if not the first, regular series to get the Deluxe format,and it was one of only two DC books that was published twice a month. Not really sure where it all went wrong, but the last dozen reboots have been sad.

I think the Legion really lost their way in the post-Crisis/post-Byrne Superman reboot era. They were no longer as relevant to the DC Universe, as suddenly we had to start explaining who that Superboy was and what was he doing in the future (if there never was a Superboy to begin with).

I've picked it up over the years -- the Great Darkness Saga, the baxter reboot, the Legionnaires (because I love Chris Sprouse's art), but it was just so overly convoluted.

The series leading up to the Baxter series was great. The first few issues of that series were fantastic. Karate Kids death, Projecta beating the guy that even Superboy couldn't take one on one, the mystery behind Sensor Girl, and even the Death of Superboy, but then the endless rebooting and destruction of earth(s)

took its toll on me. The Legion of three worlds was good, but the followup wasn't.

Damn, Bill, never knew you were such a big Legion fan! :applause:

A LoSH movie seems inevitable. Can't wait! I think the studio will keep it simple. They had BETTER go with the original team!

There's so much opportunity to include little treats here and there -- Legion try-outs and rejects (who doesn't want to see a glimpse of the Legion of Substitute-Heroes!), their individual origins, Quislet flying around somewhere, a hint of the future Fatal Five....

Also, it's not like the team's origin story is well-known. Not like Spider-Man's, Supes' or Bat's origins. So I see any movie having to include that scene. Except start with something like a prelude scene of Lightning Lad's origin with his siblings, running from the lightning beasts, electrocuted by the beasts (but not yet showing their powers, just showing them nearly killed and hospitalized), throw in the resentment that non-twin Lightning Lord held toward his twin siblings, and finally Garth enlisting to go to Earth.... Cut to Garth traveling to Earth on a space cruiser, stumbling into the assassination attempt on Brande where he unleashes the fury of his lightning powers, joined in the save by Imra and Rokk, and Brande founding the team out of gratitude and giving them their code names. There's your first 10-15 minutes.

Personally, after the team is expanded through the try-outs, the Headquarters built and stocked, I'd LOVE the movie to turn into an invasion storyline by the Dark Circle, Khunds and Dominators. The new team immediately tested saving the world. End the movie with their decision to recruit the greatest hero of all-time to help against future world threats, traveling through time back to modern day Smallville..... THE END. See ya for the sequel! :insane::cloud9:

Edited by dane323

New Report Claims Warner Bros. Are Still Developing A LEGION OF SUPERHEROES Movie

----------------

Last September, Latino-Review reported that Warner Bros. were developing a movie featuring the Legion of Superheroes. There's obviously plenty of room within the studio's current DC Comics slate to squeeze in a few more movies, and now Bleeding Cool has run their own report in which they claim to have heard that, "after the success of Guardians Of The Galaxy, is a Legion Of Superheroes film, being pushed through with an Avengers-Meets-Guardians tag."

The plan is for it to be set in the far future with "a massive cast of superheroic characters spread out across a galaxy. And the tone is intended to be lighter than other DC superhero movies."

----------------

While i agree that the Fatal 5 are the the best villains for the LSH, I do not think it makes sense for them to be the first villains in an origin story. After all Vladius is the son of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

Perhaps Mordreau or the Time Trapper would be a better choice.

How stupid. Can't believe they retconed that mess. They were 15 or 16 when the Legion started.