• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES animated movie (2023)
1 1

81 posts in this topic

Besides the Cockrum then Grell run, the only Legion I ever thought was great and true to the spirit of the idea was the Zero Hour reboot in 1994 that Mark Waid oversaw.

Entertaining storyline, great art.... and respectful of the past in the changes they had to make....

They need Bouncing Boy.

L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 team would allow for the easing in of Lobo to the DCU.

186117-18909-114025-1-l-e-g-i-o-n-89.jpg

186114-18909-114024-1-l-e-g-i-o-n-89.jpg

This would be a sure way to never have another Legion movie.

I can appreciate the concern, as if handled by someone fairly new to superhero movie production this could end up a hot mess of 'Michael Bay' explosions without much story.

But if DC truly learned from GofG, there are some interesting characters that could be pulled into a space-based production so it feels more like a sci-fi film than a comic book production. Add Lobo to this for the fanboys, and you may have a film that meets comic hobby and general audience needs.

Legion Of Super-Heroes Teased For One Of DC's Live Action Shows

The Legion of Super-Heroes may be making an appearance in a DC Comics television series in the near future.

DC Entertainment COO Geoff Johns hinted as much to TV Line at the TCA Winter Press Tour.

"You'll see a hint of the Legion on one of our shows," Johns said, though he wouldn't name the series. "Keep watching!"

“I love the Legion,” he said. “They’re underused and hopefully we’ll get them out there soon.”

I wonder if that will kill any movie development?

Could this be hinting at where the Legion will show up on TV?

Could We See a Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes Comic This Year?

Earlier this month, Supergirl and The Flash EP and DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns hinted that the Legion of Super-Heroes appearing on one of the TV shows he oversees.

If the Legion gets a nod in Supergirl, then a Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes comic would line up with rumors that DC's planned realignment will skew heavily toward titles that reflect their film and TV slate.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at the solicitation for April's Action Comics #51:

ACTION COMICS #51

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by FERNANDO PASARIN

Cover by KARL KERSCHL

Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON

On sale APRIL 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

Superman is shocked to learn that Kara has been missing for some time as part three of “Super League” begins! Now, with Batman’s help, Kal-El is on his cousin’s trail—but he can’t believe where it’s leading him and who she has joined!

While i agree that the Fatal 5 are the the best villains for the LSH, I do not think it makes sense for them to be the first villains in an origin story. After all Vladius is the son of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

Perhaps Mordreau or the Time Trapper would be a better choice.

How stupid. Can't believe they retconed that mess. They were 15 or 16 when the Legion started.

I loved that plot twist. I'm not sure how one can not question Superboy and Supergirl being in a group a thousand years after they die, but think bringing a villain back forty years into the past is stupid. Especially when one of their main enemies is The time trapper who seemingly glides thru time.

Is the Legion of Super-Heroes Coming to The CW's DC TV Universe?

With this week's revelation that Chris Wood will be playing longtime Legion of Super-Heroes member Mon-El in the second season of The CW's Supergirl, the question on everyone's mind is whether he might bring his time-tossed teammates with him.

The clues are certainly there: besides just Lar-Gand/Mon-El being the one who landed in National City at the end of Season One, there's the fact that longtime Superman supporting cast member Maggie Sawyer is coming to the city as a member of the "Science Police."

In the comics, of course, the Science Police is a high-tech law enforcement organization in the 31st Century, who are alternately allies with or antagonists of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Fans got a glimpse of a Legion of Super-Heroes flight ring -- a ring boasting the Legion logo and given to all members, regardless of their ability to fly, becuase it also has other features, such as interplanetary translation, a homing beacon, and more -- in both The Flash and Supergirl.

supergirl-legion-ring-172212.jpeg

Though not a live production, cool that this part of the comic book universe gets recognition.

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES - PANEL

Legion of Super Heroes: The Complete Series has arrived on Blu-rayTM courtesy of the Warner Archive Collection, and the stars and showrunners are assembling to reminisce about the popular 2006–2008 TV series from Warner Bros. Animation. One thousand years from now, the legendary Man of Steel inspires a group of emerging young heroes from the 31st century to band together and defend the newly formed United Planets. That is, if they don’t kill each other first! Join an entertaining panel featuring actors Yuri Lowenthal (Batman Unlimited), Kari Wahlgren (DC Super Hero Girls), Shawn Harrison (Family Matters), Adam Wylie (Picket Fences) and Andy Milder (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) alongside producer James Tucker (Justice League Dark: Apokolips War) and director Brandon Vietti (Young Justice). Legion of Super Heroes: The Complete Series on Blu-rayTM is now available via Warner Archive Collection at your favorite online retailer. 30 min

Supergirl is headed to the 31st century with Legion of Super-Heroes, an upcoming animated feature due out early next year from Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Meg Donnelly voice stars as Supergirl/Kara and Harry Shum Jr. stars as Brainaic 5. The cast also includes Darren Criss as Superman, Matt Bomer as The Flash and Jensen Ackles as Batman.

The story picks up as Kara, devastated by the loss of Krypton, struggles to adjust to her new life on Earth. Her cousin, Superman, mentors her and suggests she leave their space-time to attend the Legion Academy in the 31st century, where she makes new friends and a new enemy: Braniac 5. Meanwhile, she must contend with a mysterious group called the Dark Circle as it searches for a powerful weapon held in the Academy’s vault.

Zombies star lands Supergirl role in new DC movie

meg-donnelly-2022-1665755538.jpg.dca733839dfc99c415a8b657ed6f582e.jpg

Zombies star Meg Donnelly has landed the role of Supergirl in DC's upcoming animated feature Legion of Super-Heroes. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film will follow Kara/Supergirl as she tries to settle into her new life on earth following the tragic demise of Krypton.

Jeff Wamester will direct from a --script written by Josie Campbell, while Jim Krieg and Kimberly S. Moreau will produce.

Edited by Bosco685

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC have announced that they will bring Legion Of Super-Heroes, a new entry to the DC Animated Movies line, to 4K UHD, Blu-Ray and Digital on February 7, 2023. Supergirl ventures to the 31st century to find answers to her present-day dilemmas, only to encounter new problems and an old enemy in an all-new, feature-length adventure. 

Synopsis: Welcome to the 31st century and the Legion Academy, where a new generation hones their powers with hopes of joining the Legion of Super-Heroes. Devastated by tragedy, Supergirl struggles to adjust to her new life on Earth. Taking her cousin Superman’s advice, Supergirl leaves their space-time to attend the Academy. There, she quickly makes new friends, as well as a new enemy with old ties: Brainiac 5. But a nefarious plot lurks in the shadows – the mysterious group known as the Dark Circle seeks a powerful weapon held in the Academy’s vault. Find out if the budding heroes can rise to the challenge in this all-new DC Universe Movie!

Special Features

• The Legion Behind The Legion (New Featurette) – It took a heroic effort from a legion of writers, artists, animators and filmmakers to bring Legion of Super-Heroes to life. In this featurette, filmmakers and stars give us a deep dive into the making of the movie, from the original story idea through character development and final animation.
  • Meet the Legionnaires (New Featurette) – There are dozens and dozens of Legion members, many of whom are featured in Legion of Super-Heroes. Who made the cut, and why? Lucky for us, the filmmakers are here to introduce us to each one – and give us some background on who they are, and why they’re important to the movie. 
  • Brainiac Attack: The Intellect Behind the Super-Villain (New Featurette) – In Legion of Super-Heroes, Brainiac 5 proves himself to be the pinnacle of all Brainiac iterations, but how did he become that way? In this featurette, filmmakers explain what we should we know about the 4 Brainiacs who came before him, and how – and why – Brainiac 5 chose his own path.
  • Down to Earth: The Story of Supergirl (New Featurette) – Supergirl’s narrow escape from Krypton and her arrival on Earth is just the beginning of our story (literally). In this featurette, filmmakers explain why they chose to center Legion of Super-Heroes on Supergirl, what the backstory is between her and Superman at the start of the movie, and what exactly is going on between her and Brainiac 5. 

Legion2023.PNG.fd03dabefcbe0f991549c87c75b2ad2d.PNG

On 5/12/2023 at 10:57 PM, media_junkie said:

So, I watched this on HBO Max tonight, overall it was good.  I was not a fan of the direction they took Mon-El though.

So I was randomly noticed this on HBO on Thursday and watched it.  To be honest I thought this was horrible and very predictable, I really struggled to finish this. I don't know that much about the legion of superheroes from comic books only from a couple of cartoons they were in. I didn't think Supergirl was likeable and I correctly guessed what was going to happen in it.  The only good part to me was the after credit scene with Batman and Superman. I usually like DC animated movies so I was surprised how bad I thought this was.