• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please.....PLEASE...read this.....

60 posts in this topic

Questions from other buyers for this listing

Q: You're joking right? Anyone who knows comics would not even touch this auction. You display an Uncanny X-Men #281 for $128.00??? I can buy that at the local shop for $5.00 in near mint condition. Good luck with this fraud. Answered on Dec-30-04

A: #1 $5.00 "Near Mint Condidtion" would be correct. #2 My Comic Of The UnCannyX-Men#281 Is "Very Mint" which puts just this one comic alone by "Seller Book Standards" A Nice Buy~Especially for someone that doesn't have this very comic In "Very Mint Condition".

foreheadslap.gif

Nobody in their right mind would ever pay $128.00 for a copy of X-men #281..unless that X-men 281 was graded 9.9 by CGC. If it's a 9.9, we're talking about $500 easy! insane.gif

Yeah, that was me who sent that email. Why would he post that on his auction. Doesn't he have the choice to put emails like that up or not? What a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

Yeah, I think the debate between whether this guy is stupid or a fraud is pretty academic at this point. tongue.gif

Q: You're joking right? Anyone who knows comics would not even touch this auction. You display an Uncanny X-Men #281 for $128.00??? I can buy that at the local shop for $5.00 in near mint condition. Good luck with this fraud. Answered on Dec-30-04

A: #1 $5.00 "Near Mint Condidtion" would be correct. #2 My Comic Of The UnCannyX-Men#281 Is "Very Mint" which puts just this one comic alone by "Seller Book Standards" A Nice Buy~Especially for someone that doesn't have this very comic In "Very Mint Condition".

foreheadslap.gif

Nobody in their right mind would ever pay $128.00 for a copy of X-men #281..unless that X-men 281 was graded 9.9 by CGC. If it's a 9.9, we're talking about $500 easy! insane.gif

I wouldn't pay $500 for this book in a CGC 9.9... I have no idea what this guy is thinking. These books are in simple polybags, ungraded, and have probably even been read at least once. "Very Mint" isn't even in the dictionary. These books are probably just 9.0's or 9.2's tops, maybe a few 9.4's if he's lucky. In which case, I agree with Chris that he would need 2000 books included in this auction to expect $2000.

Very Mint huh? Any of you ever heard of this category? I sure haven't. What an f'n loser. foreheadslap.gif

Must be 1 grade above Gem Mint tonofbricks.gif

An 11.0 CGC apparently. I think this guy thinks that if he's kept the book in bag/board and never taken it out that it's gotta be a 9.8 to 10.0. 100% stupidity is right. I bet they're 9.2 at best.

Perhaps? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif CGC 11.5 is Minty Fresh.

comic8_cover.jpg

Very Mint huh? Any of you ever heard of this category? I sure haven't. What an f'n loser. foreheadslap.gif

Must be 1 grade above Gem Mint tonofbricks.gif

An 11.0 CGC apparently. I think this guy thinks that if he's kept the book in bag/board and never taken it out that it's gotta be a 9.8 to 10.0. 100% stupidity is right. I bet they're 9.2 at best.

Perhaps? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif CGC 11.5 is Minty Fresh.

comic8_cover.jpg

Dude! That's awesome. Is there a current running Futurama book? If not, where can I get those back issues!?

foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

Looks like he realized what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person he was adding that question to his auction (read this thread?) and shilled himself with another more, uh, positive question and answer:

"Q: http://ks.essortment.com/comicbookprici_rksj.htm My dad owns 2 ComicBookStores stores and I won't say which ones but why would you sell this less than what it's worth because a couple of your prices are lower than you think?That is if they are in fact in "VeryMintCondition"Are They? Answered on Dec-30-04

A: #1.Because I haved had them sealedand put away & now I won't the $$$. #2.I know some of my comics could be paid more for "Individually"but as a Collection I would like to pass it on "Fairly" and most of not "Fraudly". #3.Yes.Out of lets just say-(135-min.not max for I never informed anyone of the total # for this is their gain)-ComicBooks 135 are in "VERY MINT" condition~Furthermore this package also comes with tons of Comic Book Cards dated From*1987-1998.Some being worthless and many Very "Valueable". "

I invited the seller to read our thread here. He needs to learn that he has no idea what he's talking about. "Very Mint" because they've been "stored away" in bags? $h1t. My . Those books he shows individually would be lucky to get him $3.00 a piece.

I invited the seller to read our thread here. He needs to learn that he has no idea what he's talking about. "Very Mint" because they've been "stored away" in bags? $h1t. My . Those books he shows individually would be lucky to get him $3.00 a piece.

You're obsessing over this seller and his idiotic auction, forget about it. Its obvious the guys a flake 27_laughing.gif

WOW,

This guy is a fraud and not a very good one either.

This is so stupid I think he believes his write up. A fraud would not be so ambitous. Of course, this could be a stupid fraud.

This guy is completely under the impression that his polybagged/boarded/"sealed from moisture in a safe" books are worth over $100 a piece. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Oh this is good stuff.

To me, anyway you slice it, this guy is out to someone. If you believe his write up, then he knows what he has and that it is worth no where near what he claims. Therefore, he is trying to defraud someone. If you dont believe what he wrote, then, he is still tring to defraud by lying in his auction listing. jmho, arex

I found out what he is doing and where he gets his prices. He is getting his values from www.nostomania.com. He is using the "Mint" value for pricing every book. Course, I don't care if these books have been in a safe for 13 years, there is no damn way that they are in mint condition. Agreed?

Strangely, Nostomania has their own "don't use our MINT price guide" article.

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/com.nostomania.CatPage?name=NewsMain&version=Dec2004

I found out what he is doing and where he gets his prices. He is getting his values from www.nostomania.com. He is using the "Mint" value for pricing every book. Course, I don't care if these books have been in a safe for 13 years, there is no damn way that they are in mint condition. Agreed?

Strangely, Nostomania has their own "don't use our MINT price guide" article.

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/com.nostomania.CatPage?name=NewsMain&version=Dec2004

Hey Valiantman, any idea why the Nintendo Comics System books are not listed on the ValiantComics guide? They were published by Valiant I believe. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey Valiantman, any idea why the Nintendo Comics System books are not listed on the ValiantComics guide? They were published by Valiant I believe. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's off-topic, but ok. grin.gif

sign-offtopic.gif I know! Sorry! But Valiantman, it's funny that they say those things about the Nintendo Comics, especially when last month I sold two issues of Legend of Zelda (less than VF condition) for $50 on eBay. thumbsup2.gif