• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - October 26

24 posts in this topic

As this Comic Show has a Hallowe'en theme, the 2 promoters have added 2 more Adams Family actors to the guest list: Morticia and Wednesday. :headbang:

From the original TV sitcom or from the movies? Either way it would be a real "Treat" or a real "Trick"! :banana:

From the New(er) Adams Family tv series but I did not watch it before.

Good distribution of flyers at the over crowded Bellingham, WA annual comicon, and last week's 2 day Costume walk/Hallowe'en convention in downtown Vancouver, BC where fans were looking for more comics, graphic novels, toys, etc. to buy but not enough quality vendors for $185/booth.

...Or more little zombies roaming for their craving of more comic dealers? :insane:

Gonna be one fun day in that show next Sunday! Think I better be there early, I sensed something big going to happen. (:

e.g. Charles Adlard is not that great of an artist but he draws in a crowd as he drew the popular Walking Dead. Keep in mind this is a Hallowe'en focused show and I think the 2 promoters did a great job diversifying the guest list with ex-tv and ex-TMNT movie actors and actresses, and still keep vendor table prices under $75.

Latest updates on their Facebook page for this Sunday show.

Yesterday at the show - thought that was good what I've seen around. Anyone here local who went to the show - your thoughts? I'd like to know.

Next show will be on February 15th, 2015. Good winter break from that and save up my budget to refill.

hi Gregory,

The 2 promoters had a 5 minute news clip on Friday before the Comic Show by Steve Raimer: forgot the tv channel. Unfortunately, this did not boost attendance compared to the inaugural summer Aug/14 Show. There was a 2 day Hallowe'en Pop Culture show last weekend, 1 day Bellingham, WA comicon last Sat., 2 day Victoria, BC Pop Culture show Fri. and Sat. Oct. 25/14.

Retail sales actually picked up after 12:30 p.m. when folks got out of church or came in after lunch. Lots of competition and 1 warehouse was selling hardcover Timely/Atlas reprint (Young Men 24) books for a low $15, no tax.

Had requests for FF # 38 Medusa 2nd(?) app. that I thought I did not have in stock until a collector pulled 1 of 2 copies out of my box for a dirt cheap bargain price. oops. doh!

Sold a mix of everything from Single Series Tarzan by Hogarth, Thor 165 Him, X-men 266 Gambit, X-force 2 Deadpool, Steranko SA Marvel covers, hardcover Overstreet 10 Schombourg cover, several hardcover 70s comic related books like How to draw Comics the Marvel Way, Superman from 30s to 70s, and the Dr Strange 169 to yourself, of course. Thanks again. ^^

I had a pretty good time at the show, the dig was fun. Was nice meeting you, Greg - thanks again for the book!

Alot of deals to be had, unfortunately my budget wasn't the highest since I spent most of it online these past weeks. Had I known that I would've saved up to spend locally instead! d'oh! I still got some nice books though. Any particulars pickups you guys want to share?

Btw anyone know name/store of the vendor that occupied the large bar area on the left? I spent most of my budget on that table - they had some pretty nice deals.

Which table were you selling at aardvark88? I most likely browsed by your table . hm

Can't wait for the next!

hi Bonzai,

I had the end cap table next to the front door turn right along the wall. My table layout was L-shaped to better control my inventory of comics as I have been shoplifted from before. My boxes had the 20% off signs on top. See you again for the next Show Feb. 15, 2015 Sunday.