• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - October 26

24 posts in this topic

There was a slight drop of less than 4% for me in terms of comic sales compared to busier Aug/14 Show.

Link to wide variety of pics to 100 table Hallowe'en themed Comic Show including Nels, spiders, long snake, and Mr. Magik making a guest appearance at my booth next to the front door:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/october-2014.html

hi Gregory,

The 2 promoters had a 5 minute news clip on Friday before the Comic Show by Steve Raimer: forgot the tv channel. Unfortunately, this did not boost attendance compared to the inaugural summer Aug/14 Show. There was a 2 day Hallowe'en Pop Culture show last weekend, 1 day Bellingham, WA comicon last Sat., 2 day Victoria, BC Pop Culture show Fri. and Sat. Oct. 25/14.

Retail sales actually picked up after 12:30 p.m. when folks got out of church or came in after lunch. Lots of competition and 1 warehouse was selling hardcover Timely/Atlas reprint (Young Men 24) books for a low $15, no tax.

Had requests for FF # 38 Medusa 1st app. that I thought I did not have in stock until a collector pulled 1 of 2 copies out of my box for a dirt cheap bargain price. oops. doh!

Sold a mix of everything from Single Series Tarzan by Hogarth, Thor 165 Him, X-men 266 Gambit, X-force 2 Deadpool, Steranko SA Marvel covers, hardcover Overstreet 10 Schombourg cover, several hardcover 70s comic related books like How to draw Comics the Marvel Way, Superman from 30s to 70s, and the Dr Strange 169 to yourself, of course. Thanks again. ^^

That explained the folks who took lot of photos outside where I was in line waiting for the show to be opened. Well, even if it didn't boost the attendance for this show - it will spread word about the next show for Feb 15th. :wishluck: Hope there is no other shows tied up on the date.

Allan, thanks for the Strange 169! I did found a few other 169s in other vendors' tables but yours (now mine) is the nicest among them. :grin:

See you in February at the next show. I'm saving up for my next big purchase - looking for another key.