• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT HAVE I LEARNED SELLING HERE OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS

19 posts in this topic

If I have a hot BA or CA book I am about to list, I should wait another 3-6 months, because whatever hysterical price I am excited about getting will inevitably double once I have sold my last copy.

Seriously, I couldn't give copies of Strange Tales 179 or Batman 404 away 2 months ago and was selling 9.2ish copies of Nova 1 for $30.

Is Batman #404 hot now? Time to break some out from the pile then.

Yes it's heating up for sure, people banking on the Gotham series.

Nice. I will have to break out a few sets for the Saskexpo this weekend to test it out then.

So we should buy all the sweet books you are selling? hm

i have a knack for timing these things badly and selling too soon when "I" can't believe they are going for so much.

i had been pretty good at it a while back, I timed the Silver Surfer stuff really well and did nicely on Ghost Rider stuff as well.

What you should have learned is to start a thread about about a specific book you have a stack of and hype it, list, sell, repeat.

Thor 339. One of the greatest books of all time. If you need 50 copies I can hook you up.

1st Stormbreaker. 338 and 39 can still be found cheap but I think they hold some value.

What you should have learned is to start a thread about about a specific book you have a stack of and hype it, list, sell, repeat.

Thor 339. One of the greatest books of all time. If you need 50 copies I can hook you up.

1st Stormbreaker. 338 and 39 can still be found cheap but I think they hold some value.

My old LCS ordered like 1,000 of them back in the 80s. When he closed up shop in 2000 he still had several hundred (go figure) and gave me like half a short box of them. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Sometimes at least.

After selling on ebay for a few years after closing up he went and got a real job in retail and unloaded all of his leftover mainly 90s drek -- about 15-20,000 comics -- via craigslist for 10 cents a pop. he was ecstatic given that he had been paying for a storage room in manhattan to house them and that ain't cheap.

My old LCS ordered like 1,000 of them back in the 80s. When he closed up shop in 2000 he still had several hundred (go figure) and gave me like half a short box of them. I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Sometimes at least.

After selling on ebay for a few years after closing up he went and got a real job in retail and unloaded all of his leftover mainly 90s drek -- about 15-20,000 comics -- via craigslist for 10 cents a pop. he was ecstatic given that he had been paying for a storage room in manhattan to house them and that ain't cheap.

gift "Beta Ray"