• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics completed run
4 4

154 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2021 at 3:01 PM, Artboy99 said:

purchased this as a cracked out 5.0 Toledo, I am very happy it is returned to a Toledo slab

Planet Comics 22 5.0 Toledo.jpg

Wow Karl, the full run now slabbed, that is awesome!  

This one is a surprise to me! I was under the impression that CGC no longer recognized the Toledo pedigree. I purchased the Toledo copy of Planet 24 raw and sent it in, but CGC did not put Toledo on the label. SuperGrover has that book now.  I’m happy to see CGC put Toledo on the label for your book. There are some great Planets in that pedigree.

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Wow Karl, the full run now slabbed, that is awesome!  

This one is a surprise to me! I was under the impression that CGC no longer recognized the Toledo pedigree. I purchased the Toledo copy of Planet 24 raw and sent it in, but CGC did not put Toledo on the label. SuperGrover has that book now.  I’m happy to see CGC put Toledo on the label for your book. There are some great Planets in that pedigree.

Yes I also was aware that CGC no longer recognized the Toledo pedigree. I sent it in with the previous label and that is how it came back.

On 1/25/2023 at 5:48 PM, Artboy99 said:

My Planet 15

Purchased a CGC qualified 1.5.

The cover was detached and was falling down inside the slab. I saw a posting by Roy Thomas of PSArtbooks who was making the Planet Compendiums and they publicly asked for scans of a #15, and since the cover of mine was sliding down in the slab I cracked it and scanned my book. In addition to the detached cover the 2 center wraps were detached.

Sent the book to CCS and they did a leaf casting and put it back together. Thrilled with the result to be honest.

PlanetComics15cgc1.5.jpg

Planet 15 split detached cover.jpg

Planet 15.png

20230103_093924.jpg

Looks way better.  Congrats