• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wolverine #75 Blue Hologram and getting conned by dste2068 aka Devin Stewart
2 2

111 posts in this topic

So it look a LITTLE longer than 20 business days, and I only got a 9.4, but here it is!

Wolv75_Blue.jpg

regards

A

:applause:

Congrats!

I found a long box with roughly 50 of these all in NM. This was the only blue hologram in there and it is blue no matter which way you look at the book.

IMG_1768_zpsozahb168.jpg

Nice!

I saw this book at a show today, and grabbed a picture to share with you guys. (Though it's not great, hologram in a bag = glare)

The hologram was distorted but only the right side was blue. Crazy.

large.jpg

If the hologram is "distorted" then why didn't it get a Green Label?

Production error.

Yes, and production errors get a GLOD now. Or didn't you know that?

I have a CGC blue label of this book. "Distorted hologram on cover" is noted. Hologram is a solid blue that never changes.

Anyone have an idea of what it might be worth?

Production error.

This just infuriates me. Every single error book I turn in comes back GLOD. Every time I question why, its either " We decided a few years ago after the Venom black errors that ALL manufacturing errors would get a green label"

Question a recently graded error book like this and you will get " It was a mistake, and SHOULD have been a green label" SMH yeah, ok.

Production error.

I have a CGC blue label of this book. "Distorted hologram on cover" is noted. Hologram is a solid blue that never changes.

Anyone have an idea of what it might be worth?

:applause:

I love that notation. I don't think there is a market price set for that book, and there are so few people that know about it. Personally, I'd probably pay $125 for the blue error as a 9.6/9.8 slab. But that doesn't mean that someone who has a major rager for that book wouldn't pay more.

It's a fun book to chase, I'm glad more people are talking about it.

Hey DB, haven't seen you in a while - how ya doin'? Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

best,

d

Hey Divad - doing well! Keeping busy with the diner, that's taking up all my time now - very little to delve into comics or art anymore. But, someday I'll be back. I did manage to look up the ol' Blue Hologram Wolvie #75 and saw that it made it's way onto RecalledComics.com - figured I'd come on here and post the link.

The Ebay seller that screwed me on the deal was all about thinking these things were $350+ books, and he'll - no doubt - be hyping it up on Ebay, so who knows. With that kind of advertising, it might get some traction.

hmWolvie 75 Blue Holo on Ebay Same guy, new Ebay handle? Or someone different from the same location?

Hope you guys are all doing well here. I miss the boards!

Hey DB, haven't seen you in a while - how ya doin'? Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

best,

d

Hey Divad - doing well! Keeping busy with the diner, that's taking up all my time now - very little to delve into comics or art anymore. But, someday I'll be back. I did manage to look up the ol' Blue Hologram Wolvie #75 and saw that it made it's way onto RecalledComics.com - figured I'd come on here and post the link.

The Ebay seller that screwed me on the deal was all about thinking these things were $350+ books, and he'll - no doubt - be hyping it up on Ebay, so who knows. With that kind of advertising, it might get some traction.

hmWolvie 75 Blue Holo on Ebay Same guy, new Ebay handle? Or someone different from the same location?

Dr B - hope you're well :hi:

best,

d

Glad to see they've added it to recalledcomics :headbang: