• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wolverine #75 Blue Hologram and getting conned by dste2068 aka Devin Stewart
2 2

111 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Universal Comics said:

Hey guys! This Nate, co-owner of Universal Comics in Arbutus Maryland. I just got one of these and in my googling to figure out what the heck was going on I found this thread. Thanks for explaining!

Mine is totally blue black. You can see there is SOMETHING in there but not even that it is our adamantium boned buddy. 

If anyone wants it, swing by my shop or shoot the shop an email. It's easily in the upper 9s.20180706_185600.thumb.jpg.6464212a13fbbf0bb221bffd0a01df7e.jpg20180706_185544.thumb.jpg.b78ed9b56c431a2318c73a115b73e565.jpg20180706_185606.thumb.jpg.360d7a478700251e62be943d7177cb14.jpg

Quote to put it on the this new page...

Hi guys

Kind of randomly came across this convo thinking about my old comics. Just interested if I may or may not have one of this run. I get the sence from reading the thread there are a variety of versions. Mine can hold a solid blue or solid green and a mix of the 2 depending on angle but the hologram itself is very strong not like the I guess poor quality miss prints. But is there just a wide variation across all holograms? Is there blue in the non recalls? And do the non recalls have yellow and orange? because mine doesn't. 20200710_214816.thumb.jpg.2752701c300d40b5e960fc073a1fba06.jpg

20200710_214235.jpg

20200710_214718.jpg

Edited by Neil fallon
Add photo

@Neil fallon Your copy looks nice, but it's considered a "normal copy".  The holograms were intended to show blues and greens with some lighting angles that show some oranges and even reds.  The "blue hologram" is really an "ugly" misprint when you think about getting none of the other colors in the hologram.   As a colorful hologram, it should have all the colors.  The blue hologram stays blue (or worse, black) no matter what angle you view it.

14 hours ago, valiantman said:

@Neil fallon Your copy looks nice, but it's considered a "normal copy".  The holograms were intended to show blues and greens with some lighting angles that show some oranges and even reds.  The "blue hologram" is really an "ugly" misprint when you think about getting none of the other colors in the hologram.   As a colorful hologram, it should have all the colors.  The blue hologram stays blue (or worse, black) no matter what angle you view it.

Cool thanks for the reply. It is an interesting thought that previously was mentioned that they might change over time, it might be my imagination but I do have the thought that it used to be more orange/green than blue/green that it is now.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, PeterPark said:

I was looking through some X-Men 25 copies at the LCS today and managed a blue hologram issue. It is much darker than the other two were and does appear black from some angles. A failure as a hologram but cool nonetheless.

I'm liking them if I find them, I have 5 out of 6 of the fatal attraction distorted hologram, correctly labeled from cgc.

I've been able to find most of the regular covers in the wild, only need uncanny X-Men#304 to complete the set. Unless I want to also try my hand at the X-Men#25 variant covers. (thumbsu

On 3/17/2022 at 10:42 PM, The Meta said:

I'm buying the regulars when I see them, maybe I can damage them to make them "blue"

lol Report back if you "find success", the thread in modern I believe some gave cases where they "tried" but it didn't work.

I don't suggest the microwave, but some also tried the sun and etc :):foryou: