• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherry City Con - Salem, Oregon April 11-12, 2015

26 posts in this topic

Just got the news late yesterday that this show is kaput :( :(

Organizer blames venue who says that organizer was late in payments earlier in the year. CC facebook page has people commenting that organizer has shirked them on some craft fair event from earlier this year.

Sorry to hear this drama as show last year was fun and successful and filled a niche in the time between Wizard World in January and Rose City Con in September.

I caught this last night :( I sponsored last year's show and it turned out to be a very decent show. Someone else is supposed to have a Salem show in August, but I'm not hearing anything good. That close after SDCC isn't my cup.

It looks like all the drama around this show has caused it to be canceled and...oh...wait...the show is back on again. Looks like the owner sold the show and it is going to happen after all. Not sure I'm too keen on being a part of it after all the drama.

Yeah, I've been reluctant to comment further here because it keeps going back and forth on status.

I figured you bought it Toast.

I really hope it works out but may sit this one out too at least as a vendor.

Yeah, I've been reluctant to comment further here because it keeps going back and forth on status.

Was in talks to buy it until that KOIN news story broke about the other event and this show where vendors never got refunds. Too much debris to deal with after that wreck, so I bailed on it. Apparently some guy is taking it over but that is going to be a hard, uphill walk for him to salvage that show and I think the former owner still has a hand in it - that will not sit well with people who think that guy is a scumbag.

Was in talks to buy it until that KOIN news story broke about the other event and this show where vendors never got refunds. Too much debris to deal with after that wreck, so I bailed on it. Apparently some guy is taking it over but that is going to be a hard, uphill walk for him to salvage that show and I think the former owner still has a hand in it - that will not sit well with people who think that guy is a scumbag.

KOIN called me but since I hadn't paid yet (whew!) we didn't talk long. I told him to read thread on FB as there was another show that Mark organized which also went kaput.

Well...this is back on with new owner. Linkey link below.

Still on fence whether I will set up here. No doubt topic will come up in discussion with piece of bread at WW PDX this weekend.

Last year was pretty good and, if run smoothly, would have thought it would it would improve.

Even if I don't set up, would likely attend to check it out as it's only a half hour or so from Portland.

http://cherrycitycomiccon.com/index.html