• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Con Dallas -- Feb 4, 5 and 6

16 posts in this topic

Actually it's the Dallas Comic Con that did this. All-Con has been advertising their show in Fedruary since November/December 2003.

Either way I welcome them both.

Then, of course, MegaCon is Feb. 25th-27th. Guess I'm going to be pretty busy that month.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Come on... I got an extra room waiting for you at my house.

Are you sure you don't want to stay in that fabulous hotel I found for Wizard World?

893whatthe.gif

I appreciate the offer. Hopefully I'll be able to make WW again this year. cloud9.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Come on... I got an extra room waiting for you at my house.

Are you sure you don't want to stay in that fabulous hotel I found for Wizard World?

893whatthe.gif

I appreciate the offer. Hopefully I'll be able to make WW again this year. cloud9.gif

You had a problem with junkies shooting up outside your room and then passing out in the parking lot? foreheadslap.gif You'd have thought all the gun shots would have scared them away.

You could have stayed at the place Lighthouse stayed the night his van broke down. They actually made you put a deposit down on the sheets. 893naughty-thumb.gif

From what I'm hearing, this con will end up being a washout. The orgainizers are basing their projections on unreasonably high numbers (what dealers are going to shell out 350-400 bucks a table for a show headlined by Squidhead?)

Also, in case anyone hasn't figured it out, "Bridgette of Madison County" is a guy.

What will be the biggest show in Texas this year ?

I have not been to a comicon before.

I assume Wizard World in Dallas.

I had a blast last year, and can't wait for the next one. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ya -- WWTx will definately be the biggest. If you want to work a deal on books you need to bring cash. Cash is the only way to make the deal happen. If you are not buying a big ticket item and the person has a storefront they will probably take a check (with enough ID). Stick with cash.

Oh good Lord! This show sucked it soooooo bad. On Friday there were 15 people at the whole show. There was a "meet the celebrities" pannel -- 12 celebs, 12 guests.

No dealers showed up

Saturday maybe 30-40 people were there the entire day. 1 dealer showed up to sell toys.

Sunday was just a bad as Saturday A few people showed up for Ethan Nahte's Robert E. Howard pannel but that was about it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, this show was a -3.

On the plus side -- I got 3 sketches from Adam Hughes (see my Weekend with Adam Hughes post in Comic General).

Oh well -- maybe next year will be better.