• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHICAGO COMIC SHOW - OCT 11TH 10AM-5PM 3601 N. MILWAUKEE AVE

11 posts in this topic

:hi:

My friend Big John (who owns a Toy/Horror shop on Harlem by Irving Pk) is having this show this weekend

he showed me some of the books he's taking and he has a nice run of Journey into Mystery/Thor plus other stuff.

Hope you guys can make it - I'll be selling some overflow books (3-4 for $1) that I need to get out of the house

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cbd/4697473032.html

from CL ad

SAT OCT 11TH CHI-TOWN COMIC CON.........AT SLOCUM HALL IN CHICAGO..

AS OF TODAY OVER 50 DEALERS SELLING COMICS--VINTAGE TOYS----NOVELS---POPS-----POSTERS----ARTISTS---GAMERS-----MUCH MORE----ALL DAY SUPER HERO MOVIES IN THE THEATER............ALL DAY FUN FROM 10.00 TO 5.00

Yes I have 6 long boxes of books

these will be marked at 4 for $1 (boardies get a 5 for $1 just introduce yourself)

Nice runs of FF from 250 and up

hulk vol 2

Web of spiderman , spectacular

Avengers from 300 and up

Daredevil , punisher

Plus more stuff for $1 each

ASM books mid 300

Xmen in the 200s

And a few keys ASM 361-363 signed by Bagley and a ASM300

Next wave in Comic Legends R.E.E.P.E.R. Men Set to Release Sizzling First Issue.

"Who Are The R.E.E.P.E.R. Men"

Never mind ‘naughty or nice’; this year you’d better hope that you’re on the SAFE list. Set in the year 2050 , this comic weaves a creatively dark new story line centered around the overpopulation of the earth. Every comic book lover on the planet craves new villains and new heroes. This 32 page book delivers.

In iconic style with bold colours and a twisting dark plot you meet Dr. Konnick Stiffe (former CIA Phantom hitman. At its core the R.E.E.P.E.R. (Remove Every Evil Person Entity Reserve) Men is a mystery group of revolutionaries who follow Malthusian doctrine of 1798 to control overpopulation and depletion of vital, natural resources. Their plan is to place every individual unknowingly under 2 lists- “safe list” and “expunge list”. The ultimate goal is to remove every evil person.

YOU CAN ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO FUND RAISING FOR THIS EVENT IN KICKSTARTER HERE: http://q-r.to/ggv

Nice, Hector. Always feels good to unload some short boxes.

Here are my pickups from the show (sorry for the glare):

lY5BMWMl.jpg

xdaYuvZl.jpg

Where did u find the Avengers book?

Here were my pickups after I sold my books

C977E6B3-A8AE-40D6-8A45-92E3BC062903_zpsgm9nn8ab.jpg

The bottom picture + the Death TPB and Jimmy Olsen #135 were at the booth around the corner from you. He had ~10 long boxes of mixed silver, bronze, and copper, but nothing was in order and many had condition issues.

What I picked up is basically mid-grade, except the Wolverine is roughly NM/-.

Another guy had an Avengers 196 that looked high grade; he had $50 on it.

Where did you find that Wonder Woman? I don't normally look for her stuff but some of those stories/covers are great.

-- dave