• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Based TV Rankings So Far

32 posts in this topic

So far, my rankings for this season's comic TV series are:

1. The Walking Dead

2. Gotham

3. Flash

4. Agent of Shield

The Walking Dead premiere was top notch as usual. I was fearful for many of our stars during the premiere and this season looks like it is going to be another winner. This opener goes by so quick.

Gotham has surprised me in a good way. A police procedural with ongoing threads concerning other characters has me interested to see where things go from here. I think they've struck a good tone by not being too dark. Let's face it, the situations presented in this show are extremely dark. It reminds me of the tone used in BTAS and I think that is a good thing. I think the balloon man was very much in the tradition of Batman villains. I'd love to see the character introduced into the DC universe personally.

Flash had a decent premiere. Was anyone else reminded of the Wesley Shipp Flash with this premiere? They have setup some interesting dynamics which will keep the storyline moving. I liked how they had an explanation for the suit and the meeting with the other hero was a nice nod. I am more interested in seeing how they handle Flash's rogue gallery (particularly the rogue who's Star Labs cage was smashed open) and possibly other characters.

Agent of Shield is not my favorite superhero TV show right now. It's not that the show is bad, it is perfectly fine, but it doesn't generate any excitement from me. It can be tedious at times and the generic villains is especially disappointing since Marvel has some great villains in their stable of characters. How long are they going to drag out the Sky mystery back story? Here we have a character ready to tell her everything and she is being oblivious to the whole thing. This show reminds me of the X-Files. I just hope this show has a better payoff for the "myth" than the X-Files did. I thought Agent Coulson's "reveal" last season was a let down (we got more questions than answers) and I have a feeling I'll be watching this show 4 years from now still waiting for a payoff. I miss the levity and banter we got from the main cast last season. This season has been dreary so far. Loved this show last season. Not loving it right now.

Agent of Shield is not my favorite superhero TV show right now. It's not that the show is bad, it is perfectly fine, but it doesn't generate any excitement from me. It can be tedious at times and the generic villains is especially disappointing since Marvel has some great villains in their stable of characters. How long are they going to drag out the Sky mystery back story? Here we have a character ready to tell her everything and she is being oblivious to the whole thing. This show reminds me of the X-Files. I just hope this show has a better payoff for the "myth" than the X-Files did. I thought Agent Coulson's "reveal" last season was a let down (we got more questions than answers) and I have a feeling I'll be watching this show 4 years from now still waiting for a payoff. I miss the levity and banter we got from the main cast last season. This season has been dreary so far. Loved this show last season. Not loving it right now.

I only watched the first few Shield episodes and had had enough.

I wish FOX would bring back the X-Files with all the conspiracy stuff. In its prime, riveting show!

I tried to watch Shield-to much snappy corny dialogue for me. When people keep talking all 'clever' I start puking.

I like Agents of Shield, one of the few shows my wife and I wait for each week. I have yet to watch Gotham (same time as Big Bang) and Flash but plan on getting Hulu soon. Tried watching Walking Dead and it bored me as much as the comic.

1. Arrow

2. The Walking Dead

3. The Flash

4. Gotham (not very good)

5. AOS (horrible/unwatchable)

I also ranked TWD over Flash because we have only had 1 episode of Flash so that may quickly change. TWD is great sometimes, but also sometimes pretty bad.

Rankings with CGC grade in parentheses

1. Gotham (8.0)

2. The Flash (6.5)

3. Arrow (3.5)

4. MAOS (1.5 PLOD)

I don't rank walking dead because it's not superhero and, more important, it's in another league, head-and-shoulders above the above-ranked superhero shows (9.6).

I like Agents of Shield, one of the few shows my wife and I wait for each week. I have yet to watch Gotham (same time as Big Bang) and Flash but plan on getting Hulu soon. Tried watching Walking Dead and it bored me as much as the comic.

Big Bang Theory jumped the shark when Howard got married. I find the show not funny like early episodes and Amy is way out of character. Seems like most of the actors are on automatic or overdoing it after their recent big paydays.

TWD isn't my thing. But I can see how it's someone elses' thing.

I actually look forward to Gotham and AOS, and now, Flash equally. I do find myself going 'I gotta watch AOS tonight' though. The others I wait until the weekend. I think Gotham can be good, I'm willing to tough it out, despite Jada Pinkett's horribly bad acting. I am curious to the direction, though. 'Caprica' didn't have one by mid-season, despite an intriguing start. Hope Gotham doesn't end up the same way.

1. Arrow

2. The Flash (so far)

3. MAOS

4. Gotham

Only one I don't intend to keep watching necessarily is Gotham. I like much of the show, but Fish Moonie really, really takes me right out of the show every time she's onscreen. And the two goons helping the balloon man didn't help last episode either. I still have hopes that Fish will get offed and make the show more watchable. Also, Barbara is annoying...

LINK

1 Parenthood

2 Homeland

3 Supernatural

4 Boardwalk Empire

5 Intruders

6 Outlander

7 Downton Abbey

8 Peaky Blinders

9 New Girl

10 The Big Bang Theory

11 The Vampire Diaries

12 Modern Family

13 American Horror Story

14 Selfie

15 The Originals

16 The Walking Dead

17 Gotham

18 Arrow

19 Forever

20 The Flash

21 Marvel's Agents of Shield

:sumo:

I tried to watch Shield-to much snappy corny dialogue for me. When people keep talking all 'clever' I start puking.

You might like the show now then. I miss the witty dialogue the character's had with each other last season. This season has been more serious in tone.

I don't think it's fair to compare the non-super hero lead shows to true super her lead shows. Gotham and AOS belong to the former and they're both rather blah. Arrow, Flash, and eventually Daredevil would be the shows to compare against each other.

Both Gotham and AOS try too hard to attach themselves to the larger universe they're a part of, giving you constant reminders in case you forgot the show is some how attached to Batman or the Avengers; rather than establish their own identity. At least AOS seems to be moving away from that, but Gotham is clearly trying to leverage every piece of Batman lore in the first few episodes.

You might like the show now then. I miss the witty dialogue the character's had with each other last season. This season has been more serious in tone.

hm