• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

storing slabs...

9 posts in this topic

i feel like someone posted on this, but my search didn't turn anything up

as I am not inclined to order the "special" slab-sized boxes... (and they're too tall to fit on my shelves anyway)

is there a problem with laying my slabs down flat in a magazine box (where they fit nicely), perhaps with a little cushion between each slab?

am i risking damage to the bottom slabs?

given that there isn't weight being applied to the comic, rather weight to the frame of the slab, it seems like spine roll and compresion isn't a concern

are all my slabs going to be cracked (the ones that aren't already) if I do this?

annoyingly, the slabs are just a little too tall to stand upright in the magazine box (and being able to put anything on top of them or get them in my shelves)

is there a problem with laying my slabs down flat in a magazine box (where they fit nicely), perhaps with a little cushion between each slab?

am i risking damage to the bottom slabs?

given that there isn't weight being applied to the comic, rather weight to the frame of the slab, it seems like spine roll and compresion isn't a concern

are all my slabs going to be cracked (the ones that aren't already) if I do this?

No, no, no, and no -- but the box is going to be quite heavy! insane.gif