• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which book will follow Hulk 1?

Which will follow Hulk 1?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Which will follow Hulk 1?

61 posts in this topic

My vote was for TOS 39 as it has already increase by a nice % in last few years. Seems like it is catching up to JIM 83 which far more rare. As for Keys, i think they all will continue to climb.

Agreed,JIM 83 and ToS 39.

I'm going Avengers 1. Especially in the higher grades, 7.5+. It's more common than the other books, but mostly only in the lower grades.

Plus...did you not see that trailer????? Epic. This movie will be one of the biggest of all time, and if GotG can pull BA rocket raccoon and "Starlord" books out of the dollar bin, what do you think that movie will do for this book and its long term potential? As it is now, it is very under-valued, and is still accessible to a larger pool of collectors. There is certainly room for JIM 83 and Tos39 to continue to go up, as well as ST110 for obvious reasons. SC 4 has already had (or is still having, rather) its spurt. But if you're looking for the next book to get a big spurt, and you want to be ahead of the curve, find yourself a 7.5 or higher Avengers 1 and grab it now. (thumbs u

-J.

I voted for TOS #39 without really thinking about it, :tonofbricks: after thinking a bit. FF #1. That used to be THE book to own years back. Rolling out the whole Marvel superhero universe from that point on. It will come back....and come back big. 2c

Ahh,what do you know! lol

I voted for TOS #39 without really thinking about it, :tonofbricks: after thinking a bit. FF #1. That used to be THE book to own years back. Rolling out the whole Marvel superhero universe from that point on. It will come back....and come back big. 2c

Absolutely nothing. :whee: What's up Dave! :hi:

Absolutely nothing. :whee: What's up Dave! :hi:

Hey Frankie. :headbang:

I have to say that I am surprised so many are voting for SC 4- A book that has already seen a significant run-up in value, almost in tandem with hulk 1. I'm also surprised so many feel as though FF 1 can make a come back. I'm not so sure about that. It is very likely firmly entrenched as the "Number 3 Book" at this point. The most surprising thing of all though is the number of people who are actually taking the time to vote "I Don't Know". lol

-J.

I have to say that I am surprised so many are voting for SC 4- A book that has already seen a significant run-up in value, almost in tandem with hulk 1. I'm also surprised so many feel as though FF 1 can make a come back. I'm not so sure about that. It is very likely firmly entrenched as the "Number 3 Book" at this point. The most surprising thing of all though is the number of people who are actually taking the time to vote "I Don't Know". lol

-J.

SC 4 has had a good run-up, I think people just want to see more out of the book since it has been undervalued (not unlike the Hulk) for sometime now. DC silver books largely go under-represented and SC 4 getting its due is a little exciting.

I agree on the FF 1. It is a tough nut to crack, particularly with the new version coming soon. It could be like GOTG and the original series saw a bump (even though it virtually had nothing to do with the movie version) or it could separate the book from popular culture even further.

BB 28 is still the one I have my eye on. Values jumped up when movie news was originally released, but I think this one still has potential if Superman vs Batman hits the mark.

Whatever the right answer is, and I'm a Marvel fan, it seems to me it should be a DC SA key ... on the cusp of exploding with their DC Universe films and keys that are not as common as their Marvel counterparts, and certainly tough/tougher above 5.5.

I voted Adventure 247. Adventure 247 is a tougher book especially in grade, and it is only now starting to pick up with the rumor of a Legion TV or movie.

The Marvel keys have seen significant spurts from this Golden Age of Comic Book Movies and, while they all have room to grow, I don't expect material gains. Avengers 1, X-Men 1, ASM 1, DD 1 -- all great books, with unquestionable growth prospects, but plentiful in all grades. AF15, can it really go past $10K in 2.0? Of all the Marvel keys, I would expect TOS39 and JIM83 to outpace Avengers 1, X-Men 1, ASM 1, DD1. TTA27? Tough one to understand IMO.

SC 4 is intriguing, but it's already shot up tremendously, I don't see the growth rates continuing at the same clip.

BB28 has plenty of room to grow and would be my second choice.

FF1 is my dark horse, but if the movie flops -- and, thus far, the lack of a trailer or official photos, plus the lack of confidence in the studio in its own product, evidenced by scheduling the film for an August 2015 release, knowing it can't compete with Avengers 2 (May 2015) or Ant-Man (July 2015) -- I see that book crashing and being stagnant for a very long time. See, e.g., SC22.

DD 1 as it has always been an undervalued first appearance.

It might be underappreciated as a key and a cool book, but along with Avengers #4 it's the most common early Marvel key in high grade. I was told years ago that there was a high grade silver age collection out of Las Vegas that had so many piles of multiples the owner stored it in a second house. DD #1 was one of them (ASM #14 and #19 were some of the others). When the dealers bringing the collection to market needed some cash, they'd submit a couple of DD #1s and ASM #14s to CGC and sell them either at auction or a big show.

There are currently 48 copies of DD #1 in the census in 9.4 or better. For comparison, there are 17 copies of X-Men #1 at that grade or better, 14 copies of Avengers #1, and 5 copies of FF #1.

DD 1 as it has always been an undervalued first appearance.

It might be underappreciated as a key and a cool book, but along with Avengers #4 it's the most common early Marvel key in high grade. I was told years ago that there was a high grade silver age collection out of Las Vegas that had so many piles of multiples the owner stored it in a second house. DD #1 was one of them (ASM #14 and #19 were some of the others). When the dealers bringing the collection to market needed some cash, they'd submit a couple of DD #1s and ASM #14s to CGC and sell them either at auction or a big show.

There are currently 48 copies of DD #1 in the census in 9.4 or better. For comparison, there are 17 copies of X-Men #1 at that grade or better, 14 copies of Avengers #1, and 5 copies of FF #1.

Even if you diluted the value of the book based on number of books in grade vs. current price DD 1 is undervalued.

X-Men #1 in 9.4 is $84,000 according to GPA.

DD 1 is about $12,000 according to GPA.

There are 2.8 X more copies of DD 1 compared to X-Men 1 in 9.4 yet the price difference is 7 X.

Maybe collectors know many more high grade copies have yet to come to the market. DD is not as popular as X-Men (the movie stunk) but compared to all the books around it DD 1 has not received its due.

This.

Besides all the 1st in that issue, it represents the beginning of the SA for Marvel. I am super glad I got my copy, as I predict it will be out of my budget very soon.

The thing with Showcase 4 is that there are so few sales since the show came and showed some legs. And the movie is coming both Flash and JLA. Granted the movies may stink ala Green lantern but the potential is there.

Watching the Comic Connect auctions closely on both those copies.