• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which book will follow Hulk 1?

Which will follow Hulk 1?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Which will follow Hulk 1?

61 posts in this topic

FF 1. Undervalued right now.

Yes it is, people will be kicking themselves ala SC four, Hulk 1.

I love FF #1 but unless we get a kick movie done right I think it will never see a spike even if it is undervalued. I sold off my FF #1 and FF #5 a year ago and have never looked back

Interesting that SC 22 has no votes. Are we saying that the first SA appearance of the Green Lantern has no room for growth? Correct me if I'm wrong but Hal Jordan is one of the benchmarks of the DC SA. Are we attributing a lack of interest in this book to a lackluster film? Besides, how can the first SA appearance of the Flash take off and leave SC 22 far behind? Especially when the Green Lantern has historically been the more popular of the two characters. Granted SC 4 is a scarcer book but SC 22 is lightweight when it comes to finding a nice presenting mid grade copy with nice pq. Sometimes the book that no one's talking about later surprises many.

If the questions is which of those books over the next few years will see the highest percentage in growth the answer is almost certainly SC 22. One of the toughest books on the list, one of the toughest books in grade on the list as well as one of the toughest book to find a presentable copy of. Combine that with the fact that grade for grade it sell at roughly half of the rest of the average book on that list it is a no brainer.

A year in a half ago BB28 roughly doubled overnight, 6 months ago SC 4 almost doubled over night. I expect at some point people will see how obviously undervalued the book is and it will skyrocket in price.

It better take GL #1 with it too :)

DD 1 as it has always been an undervalued first appearance.

DD #1 is usually the first book that comes to mind for me in these discussions. And I'm always a little surprised the book doesn't get more heat. As Bob S. mentioned, I know it's relatively common in high grade. But so is Hulk #181 and FF #48 and these books still get pretty strong prices. DD isn't at Wolverine-level popularity. But he can smack around the whiny guy on the surfboard.

DD had Frank Miller. DD had a movie (lousy, I know, but still). Now DD has a Netflix series on the way. And the book still hasn't had a big price increase.

I'm sure it is a supply and demand thing. But I am surprised that demand has never reached a level high enough to significantly move the price needle.

If the Netflix series is a big hit, maybe we'll see a decent bump.

P.S. I've never loved the DD #1 cover. If it were as cool as DD #7, I wonder if things would be different.

Interesting that SC 22 has no votes. Are we saying that the first SA appearance of the Green Lantern has no room for growth? Correct me if I'm wrong but Hal Jordan is one of the benchmarks of the DC SA. Are we attributing a lack of interest in this book to a lackluster film? Besides, how can the first SA appearance of the Flash take off and leave SC 22 far behind? Especially when the Green Lantern has historically been the more popular of the two characters. Granted SC 4 is a scarcer book but SC 22 is lightweight when it comes to finding a nice presenting mid grade copy with nice pq. Sometimes the book that no one's talking about later surprises many.

If the questions is which of those books over the next few years will see the highest percentage in growth the answer is almost certainly SC 22. One of the toughest books on the list, one of the toughest books in grade on the list as well as one of the toughest book to find a presentable copy of. Combine that with the fact that grade for grade it sell at roughly half of the rest of the average book on that list it is a no brainer.

A year in a half ago BB28 roughly doubled overnight, 6 months ago SC 4 almost doubled over night. I expect at some point people will see how obviously undervalued the book is and it will skyrocket in price.

It better take GL #1 with it too :)

I agree 100%. He just needs to re-appear in the new DC films. He is part of the Justice league so he is bound to re-appear. Right now you can pick up a nice 6.0 maybe later you won't be able too unless you pay double. Get it now or wait until it's too late.

In regards to GL1 it can rise a little bit. Not a lot because there's too many copies. They are virtually everywhere. I see that book more than I see AF15s.

DD 1 as it has always been an undervalued first appearance.

It might be underappreciated as a key and a cool book, but along with Avengers #4 it's the most common early Marvel key in high grade. I was told years ago that there was a high grade silver age collection out of Las Vegas that had so many piles of multiples the owner stored it in a second house. DD #1 was one of them (ASM #14 and #19 were some of the others). When the dealers bringing the collection to market needed some cash, they'd submit a couple of DD #1s and ASM #14s to CGC and sell them either at auction or a big show.

There are currently 48 copies of DD #1 in the census in 9.4 or better. For comparison, there are 17 copies of X-Men #1 at that grade or better, 14 copies of Avengers #1, and 5 copies of FF #1.

Even if you diluted the value of the book based on number of books in grade vs. current price DD 1 is undervalued.

X-Men #1 in 9.4 is $84,000 according to GPA.

DD 1 is about $12,000 according to GPA.

There are 2.8 X more copies of DD 1 compared to X-Men 1 in 9.4 yet the price difference is 7 X.

Maybe collectors know many more high grade copies have yet to come to the market. DD is not as popular as X-Men (the movie stunk) but compared to all the books around it DD 1 has not received its due.

(thumbs u

There are more HG DD because people did not read them until they were ragged.

It's good stuff, but it has always been a second rate title, maybe always will be.

Iron Man broke out of second rate, but I just don't see it happening with DD.

BTW I liked the movie.

I voted for TOS #39 without really thinking about it, :tonofbricks: after thinking a bit. FF #1. That used to be THE book to own years back. Rolling out the whole Marvel superhero universe from that point on. It will come back....and come back big. 2c

Agree with you about fantastic four

I don't see FF #1 having the same kind of value it once had. It's a new generation of collectors and investors now. Of course anything could happen..

Did anyone foresee Hulk #271 being a $400+ book?

Normal rules don't apply any more and more than ever, never say never.

FF 1. Undervalued right now.

Yes it is, people will be kicking themselves ala SC four, Hulk 1.

I love FF #1 but unless we get a kick movie done right I think it will never see a spike even if it is undervalued. I sold off my FF #1 a year ago and have never looked back

And I thank you kindly :cloud9:

I don't see FF #1 having the same kind of value it once had. It's a new generation of collectors and investors now. Of course anything could happen..

Other than an oddball recorded sale in 5.5 on GPA FF1 prices are either holding or rising still.

TOS39 would have already taken off with three Iron Man films. The same with JIM and Avengers 1. There is more room to grown with books ST 180 where prices can double than throwing 10k at a book and maybe getting a 20% bump. BB28 in my opinion, which is worth about 80 electrons typing this, is that is is way overpriced already and was hyped by sellers and flippers along with TTA27 and now the Hulk.

SC4 has a 6.0 copy up for auction on Heritage so we can see the trends there. I think there is a BB28 in 7.5 and 8.0 coming up for auction too. I see the Hulk rising a little more, but if you didn't get in already, I wouldn't put my money into it now.

Looking at cheaper books, I still can't figure out why some rocket (BA12 for example). I don't care what movie he was in, I would never buy a Rocket Racoon book unless I was a fan.

SC22 is dead according to this poll.

Other than an oddball recorded sale in 5.5 on GPA FF1 prices are either holding or rising still.

TOS39 would have already taken off with three Iron Man films. The same with JIM and Avengers 1. There is more room to grown with books ST 180 where prices can double than throwing 10k at a book and maybe getting a 20% bump. BB28 in my opinion, which is worth about 80 electrons typing this, is that is is way overpriced already and was hyped by sellers and flippers along with TTA27 and now the Hulk.

SC4 has a 6.0 copy up for auction on Heritage so we can see the trends there. I think there is a BB28 in 7.5 and 8.0 coming up for auction too. I see the Hulk rising a little more, but if you didn't get in already, I wouldn't put my money into it now.

Looking at cheaper books, I still can't figure out why some rocket (BA12 for example). I don't care what movie he was in, I would never buy a Rocket Racoon book unless I was a fan.

SC22 is dead according to this poll.

Recently a CGC 6.0 FF #1 sold for around $10k which was below GPA at $12k. It was a gorgeous looking copy as well and thought it would surpass its previous sale. I'm still holding to what I believe. The demand for this book is not as high compared to JIM 83, TOS 39, SC 4, to name a few.

I think that both TOS 39 and JIM 83 have been taking off since the movies and are seeing steady growth. Hulk 1 and SC 4 have seen huge growths this past year. I see that trend continuing. SC 22, well it's pretty dead right now, but I have a feeling it will bounce back sooner or later with the JLA movie.