• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T-C-S Convention South Suburban Chicago Saturday, November 8

24 posts in this topic

In beautiful Orland Park next Saturday, there will be a small, but powerful, comic show: the T-C-S Con.

http://t-c-s.webs.com

From 10 am to 4 pm, you can come and buy comics from me, Hector (jsilverjanet) Tony (mutant manatee), and more.

But mostly from me.

If you're in the Chicago area and can't wait the 5 months until C2E2 and your local comic shop stinks, come on by.

I need help locating a dealer that was at the show @ Orland Park in Chicago today 11/8

The dealer was on the right of Rcheli who was also at the show today (Raphe doesn't know him).

If you know who I'm talking about please PM

thanks!

Leo, the guy who runs the show, is a super nice guy and tries really hard to get people to come to this show, but only 120 attendees walked through the door on Saturday. That's just not enough, especially when not very many had money.

Tony and I did okay -- Tony better than me, considering he sold a Hulk #181 -- but I suspect not many other people did, and I certainly would've like to have done better.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue to do this. I just am not making enough to justify the time.

Leo, the guy who runs the show, is a super nice guy and tries really hard to get people to come to this show, but only 120 attendees walked through the door on Saturday. That's just not enough, especially when not very many had money.

Tony and I did okay -- Tony better than me, considering he sold a Hulk #181 -- but I suspect not many other people did, and I certainly would've like to have done better.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue to do this. I just am not making enough to justify the time.

But did you not have fun? :banana:

I did my math today

Sold $125 of books. Got rid of 3 long boxes.

Purchased $550 in books.

I had fun.

But I could've made the same money by scanning and listing books here or on eBay in a fraction of the time I spent not only at the show but leading up to it and that weekend.

If he can't get paying customers, I'm going to rethink supporting his show.

I moved three short boxes of $1 books, and some priced stuff. Not an awesome day but for a small show with cheap tables I was happy. While this was not my best TCS show I think this one had more people show up than the others. My best TCS was the first one in Chicago. I think 40 people showed up, maybe.

I will say that at this show I made some of the best buys I have had all year. I pulled a couple high dollar books out of dollar boxes so that helped. Ended up coming home with two long boxes of stuff that I was really happy with.

My favorite books of the day were the run of Captain Carrot I bought. :cloud9:

I moved three short boxes of $1 books, and some priced stuff. Not an awesome day but for a small show with cheap tables I was happy. While this was not my best TCS show I think this one had more people show up than the others. My best TCS was the first one in Chicago. I think 40 people showed up, maybe.

I will say that at this show I made some of the best buys I have had all year. I pulled a couple high dollar books out of dollar boxes so that helped. Ended up coming home with two long boxes of stuff that I was really happy with.

My favorite books of the day were the run of Captain Carrot I bought. :cloud9:

where were you set up?