• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 1-24 CLUB
2 2

121 posts in this topic

Brave and the Bold 1-24 may well be my favorite set of comics ever. I hope one day to complete the run.

...that was a sweet undercopy of # 19 you listed in the sales thread.... if only I hadn't been broke...but Robert got it for a good deal. That's a LOT of comic for 100 bucks. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm going to go ahead and edit the title..... who says a Club can only be for 1 issue (shrug)GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

To give anyone who doesn't have any of these a flavor for what's inside, here is the first and last pages of the Kubert Viking Prince story and the first page of the Silent Knight story from B&B 19, an issue my friend Jimjum and I agree ranks as one of the top covers of the first 24:

bb19a.jpg

bb19-1.jpg

bb19-2.jpg

bb19-3.jpg

This is a cool issue with Robin Hood by Irv Novick. Unfortunately, Robin Hood replaces Golden Gladiator (which is one of Russ Heath's single coolest series he's ever drawn) permanently in this issue. Wish it'd gone on for longer than 4 issues. in subsequent issues, Heath drew a number of Robin Hood stories, but this was the first issue where he drew "Silent Knight."

bnb5.jpg

Edited by Comick1

Here's my 3 which is my second and last (for now) entry to the club.

DSC_0017807x1280_zpsed12703d.jpg

The grease pencil date looks like it's from the same person that did the grease pencil date on my #5 (also River City)!

I'm no expert on pedigrees, but I think that most River City books have a grease pencil date on them. Maybe the original owner purchased most of his book at the same place which would explain the same handwriting.

I really like your #5 by the way. (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181598690138?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

an ebay seller was offering three decent lots of six comics each of Brave and Bold pre issue #25.

and one lot was left that I was able to get last night , the other two lots looked even better and at a very fair price.

after seeing this thread I really like B&B issues 1-24 !!!!!